Failures When enabling a computer can occur at different stages, each of which indicates different sources of the problem - from the discharge connector and the wrong configuration before damage to the motherboard.
1. Lack of reaction
If there is no sound after pressing the power button, the fans are not spinning, and the LED indicators will not light, first of all, make an external inspection of the power supply, namely, check whether the power wire is reliably connected to the socket and the connector in the block, and is also Power supply switch in the "On" position.
Next, check whether the feed wires in the motherboard connectors are not distinguished, which can occur at desktop PCs when carrying out non-cellionation manipulations or with strong vibrations. First open the housing cover on the left and see if the cables from the power supply to the motherboard are properly connected. Disconnect a wide 24-pin connector and a 12-volt four or eight-contact connector of the additional power supply of the processor and inspect them. In case of detection of contacting contacts, the case can be in the voltage jump or in the power supply fault. It is possible that it affected all the components of the system, which can entail the purchase of a new computer.
If everything is in order from the power source, check whether the power buttons are connected correctly and rebooted on the case to the motherboard and whether they are easy-to-connect - small two-contact connectors must be firmly connected to the contact conclusions. Turn off the "Reset" button and try to enable your computer (if it works, it means, the reboot button is defective and must remain disabled).
If it does not help, disconnect the power button. Next, if the system can be started by closing both contacts, for example, using a clip, then the power button is defective. In this situation, connect the reboot button and use it later as the "ON / OFF" switch. Otherwise, you will have to attribute the system unit into the workshop for diagnostics.
2. PC works, but the monitor remains turned off
If the coolers and LED indicators work, but the image on the monitor screen is not displayed and it remains black, check its power supply, and also make sure the display setup menu is displayed when the corresponding key is pressed. If not, it means that the monitor is defective - this can be checked by temporarily connecting another display (or TV with a HDMI cable).
If the on-screen menu is output, across the inputs using the Source button located on the monitor or the corresponding item in the menu until the desired connected input is displayed. Then across the output modes on the PC turned on by holding the "WIN" key and double pressing "P" - this allows you to switch to the next of the four modes. Wait a few seconds and switch a total of four times to check whether the image is displayed in one of the modes. If these actions do not bring results, replace the monitor cable and try another available interface (for example, HDMI or VGA instead of DVI) in order to exclude connectors or cable faults.
Finally, the most time-consuming method is to check if the installation or replacement of the video card will help (to begin with, it may be old or borrowed to the video card). If all of these attempts are not crowned with success, it is likely that there is some other hardware problem that you can diagnose with the following actions.
3. BIOS does not start / hangs
Flashing cursor on the screen when starting a PC or hang when initializing the BIOS may indicate various hardware problems. First, check whether all connectors (for example, a central processor cooler) are properly connected to the motherboard and whether all the coolers work. If necessary, replace faulty. The motherboard speaker in certain cases issues important information in the form of sound signals, the value of each of which is explained in the manual of the motherboard user. However, for this it is necessary that this small speaker is properly connected to the SPEAKER connector of the motherboard (make sure this or use a special POST card for diagnostics).
The signs described may also indicate the incorrect BIOS setup settings - this problem is easily eliminated by resetting the settings to factory. The procedure is described in the motherboard manual. In most cases, it is necessary to install a jumper with the inscription "Clear CMOS" when the computer is turned off on the board to the reset position for a few seconds, and then rearrange it back.
No image on the screen may be caused by a monitor fault, a PC or cable between them.
Next suspect - RAM: Check each module individually (if only one is installed, try inserting it another slot) and, if necessary, replace faulty.
Then disconnect all the hardware that is not interested in the PC, from USB, PCIE and other computer connectors. If after that it starts, gradually plug all back - and try until you find the culprit.
If nothing has helped, probably the motherboard and / or the central processor is damaged, and you need to prepare for the acquisition of new devices.
4. Windows does not start
The computer passes the BIOS initialization stage, but gives a message that the boot disk is not found? First, check if the SATA power cable and the data cable of your hard disk or solid-state drive are connected correctly. Then try to connect the disk by means of another cable and to one of the other ports. If it does not appear in the BIOS Setup / UEFI (to check, click "DEL" when the computer is loaded, go to the "Advanced Chipset Features" section and or other similar, and see whether the disk is recognized on one of the SATA channels), try connecting HDD Through the SATA interface or in USB Case to another computer. If it does not work, it means that the disc is damaged, and most likely, only a professional service for a fairly high price will be able to restore the data.
If the disk is displayed in the BIOS Setup or still read on another computer, but is no longer bootable, then you must first start the recovery system and back up the data in connection with the risk of file system errors or hardware failure. Then restore the operating system bootloader: Download the computer from the Windows installation media (insert a DVD or USB drive, after switching on, press "F12" or a similar key, in the download menu, select Media). Run the command line. Then enter: "bootrec / fixmbr" "ENTER", "BOOTREC / FIXBOOT", "ENTER". If it does not help, run the console again and enter "bootrec / rebuildbcd", "Enter". If it does not work, it is likely that your Windows suffered as a result of damage to the file system or hard disk, which must be reinstalled - best on a new disk, as the old after failure will already be unreliable.
5. Unable to log in Windows
If Windows begins to download, but cannot finish it, you have two options: either to make a long break (for example, Windows voluminous updates may require several dozen minutes depending on the system to perform all operations when rebooting), or if even After an hour, nothing happens or the problem is not related to Windows updates, download the download in safe mode. This mode is proposed as an option after a sudden power outage. In other cases, immediately after the start, press F8 (in Windows 10 - "SHIFT + F8"). If the problems with updates interfere with launch, Windows will cancel them, after which the system should boot as usual. In addition, in this mode, you can update or delete software and drivers, the installation of which probably led to a problem.
In other cases, run the System Configuration tool in the "Services" tab, activate the "Do not display Microsoft services" option and remove the checkbox from all other displaced services.
Now turn off on the "Run System" tab (Windows 7) or in the Task Manager on the "Auto-loading" tab (Windows 8 and 10), all automatically downloadable programs. If this does not help, remove all unnecessary devices. As the last measure, before starting the reinstallation, run in safe mode command line on behalf of the administrator (enter the "Start" "CMD" menu field, right-click on "cmd.exe" and select the "Startup on behalf of the administrator" item) and Enter "SFC / SCANNOW" - this will allow you to check all system files and, if necessary, replace them with original.
Other useful articles on Ichip.ru
The trouble described in the title of the article, sooner or later occurs with each computer: in one beautiful (or not very) day it ceases to turn on. Sometimes this is preceded by some event, and sometimes there is absolutely nothing. In some cases, such failures are fixed very easily, and in others - with great difficulty. In a word, a circle of problems leading to the inclusion of the PC is very extensive. Let's talk about them in more detail: because of what they occur, how to find the cause and deal with the problem independently, without resorting to the help of masters.
What do we mean when we say that the computer does not turn on
When someone says that his computer does not turn on, know that under this complaint may mean the following:
- The PC does not really turn on: the reaction to pressing Pressing the power button is completely missing.
- The PC turns on, but not to the end: sometimes it is limited to turning on the indicators on the system unit and the keyboard, sometimes - the sounds of the system speaker, sometimes the fans start working when the power button is started, and then nothing happens. The total detail is one - the screen remains black.
- The PC turns on and immediately turns off or goes into an infinite reboot until the image appears on the screen.
- The PC turns on and works, but the operating system does not start on it.
The first 3 situations have a hardware origin, that is, associated with a malfunction or incorrect connection of equipment. The latter is most often caused by the operating system errors that have arisen, for example, due to the unsuccessful update of Windows 7 to Windows 10, as well as device drivers failures. In the case of drivers, Windows startup is usually interrupted in a blue death screen - BSOD.
In more rare cases, the inability to load the OS is also associated with iron problems - as a rule, RAM or hard disk.
Causes of true not inclusion
Since operating system download failures are a separate large topic, we will not stop in detail on them. Consider the reasons for the first three situations and in addition to them - another one: the power on the computer is not the first time, but after repeated clicks on the power button. So…
The computer does not respond to the start button
- No power supply from the mains (no socket or device is working through which the computer is connected to the current source - UPS or a power filter). The only reason not associated with a PC malfunction.
- The power supply does not produce the required voltages, as it is defective, it is not perfectly produced or not powered due to the damage to the electric cord.
- Bad contact in the connectors of the devices, damage to the power cables inside the system unit.
- Low battery voltage BIOS microcircuits.
- Short circuit in one of the devices.
- Malfunction of the inclusion circuit elements on the motherboard.
- Fault power button on the system unit.
- Inclusion blocking with a static charge.
The computer is not fully turned on (no initialization)
- Forty elements of the video subsystem (video card, monitor, video cable). Lack of image on the monitor, even if everything, except the video, works, in the user's eyes looks like a computer not key.
- The BIOS firmware flies (on some laptops, the BIOS is manifested by a complete lack of reaction to the power button).
- A faulty or unsupported processor is installed on the board.
- Faulty processor power system (VRM).
- Faulty RAM or its power elements.
- On old motherboards - the northern bridge or power of the bridge failed.
The computer turns off immediately after switching on or cyclically reboots at an early stage of startup.
- Floor BIOS.
- Defects of RAM.
- The same reasons as with the complete absence of a reaction to the button.
The computer is turned on only after repeated clicks on the button.
- If the car over 5-7 years is the production of the resource of electrolytic capacitors in the power supply, on the motherboard or devices connected to it.
- The power button is faulty (contacts).
- Faulty elements of the circuit of the board or power of high-loaded nodes.
Diagnosis at home
At home users, as a rule, there is no equipment that could facilitate troubleshooting, so it remains to use the senses and spare, obviously good parts.
Before you begin diagnostics, it is important to recall that preceded the emergence of the problem and what could cause it. For example, the computer suddenly turned off during a thunderstorm and no longer turns on. The reason is the burning of the network controller with high-voltage charge of lightning through a twisted pair. If it stopped turning on after some manipulations in the system unit - connecting a new device, cleaning from dust, etc., the reason is most likely in the wrong assembly or violation of the devices.
If an explicit causal relationship is not traced, for example, yesterday you turned off the computer as usual, and today it did not turn on, start checking from external contacts - the cord of the power supply, monitor and the rest, which is outside. In such cases, such a reception often helps: Turn off the machine from the outlet or key on the power supply (i.e., disconnect from the current source) and 20-30 seconds hold down the power button on the system unit. It will remove the static charge accumulated inside, which sometimes blocks the launch.
The squeak of the system speaker helps to narrow the circle of possible problems: decoding the sound signals is easy to find on the Internet. But consider that the bios of different manufacturers are "singing" in different ways. If the computer does not cook at all, it is either not equipped with a speaker, or due to the malfunction (as a rule, the power supply or motherboard) is not performed by the BIOS microcode.
In cases where you cannot decide where to "dig", use the algorithm that we give below. After each diagnostic stage, try to enable your computer.
- Inspect the system unit and all its connections outside. Turn off the optional periphery and all that is connected to USB, except the keyboard and mouse.
- Remove the system block cover, make sure that the internal connections are reliable. If there are dust clusters, remove them. If the motherboard is older than 3-5 years, replace the BIOS battery (CR-2032 brand, sold in kiosks).
- Without pressing the POWER buttons on the system unit (when the power supply is enabled), if possible, check whether the duty duty officer enters the motherboard (for example, on ASUS'ah there is a duty indicator LED). Check your hand the temperature of large elements of the motherboard, video cards and extension boards. Normally, they should be cold or slightly warm. If any detail is noticeably heated, it is very likely that it is a source of problem.
- Turn on the power unit power. Please note how fans behave. Normally, after promotion, they must drop a little speed. If you see exactly such a picture, the reason that there is no image on the screen, with an 80% probability is a malfunction in the video method. If the coolers work at the highest speed, the reason is in the rallying bios, the "bat" RAM, non-working / non-operating processor or the Northern Bridge (on old motherboards). If the coolers make several revolutions and stop or manage only to twist, the source of the problem is in a short circuit on any of the devices or bad contact in the places of their connections. Cycles Promotion and stops running one after another (rebooting the computer at an early stage of launch) is usually due to BIOS damage. If the fans are not spinning at all, most likely, they are not powered. It happens more often when the power supply or motherboard is fault.
- If there are no short circuit features (when they are, the further diagnostics should be continued only after it is eliminated), turn off the computer power and reset the BIOS settings to defaults.
If the above algorithm did not clarify the situation, further diagnostics is more convenient to continue on the stand assembled on the table.
Before removing the components from the housing, do not forget to de-energize the system unit, and the monitor - turn off the power filter or pull the cords from the outlet. If the computer is powered by the UPS, simply disconnect the last from the outlet is not enough, since in batteries anyway there is a charge.
Follow the workplace. The table on which you will collect the booth should be dry and clean. Use special antistatic mats is optional, enough so that there is nothing metallic on the table. In order not to damage the electronic components with static from your body, it is advisable to put an antistatic bracelet on your hand. If it is not, nothing terrible: just touch the hands of any unpainted part of the PC housing.
Taking every detail, inspect it on the subject:
- chipping elements;
- the integrity of the contact groups (the presence of broken and bent contacts melted or darkened from overheating plastic pads);
- deformed and defective components (swollen capacitors, traces of electrolyte of them, microcircuits with spots, and even more holes from the projection);
- Dreams on the textolite (from the reverse side of the board under highly heating elements often appear yellow or brown spots).
- Scratch (if the scratch is above the tracks, consider it under a magnifying glass with a maximum increase to make sure that the tracks are intact).
Any of the listed defects may be the cause of the inoperability of the PC.
On machines that turn on for too long, after or after multiple reboots, pay special attention to the capacitors and the state of the textolite under them. So, the electrolyte who taught their deadline may look normally, issuing a malfunction only with a small dark speck on the circulation of the board.
With any suspicion of disrepair of electrolytic capacitors, they should be replaced with new, and not only clearly defective, and all that stand in one chain with them.
Having finished with the inspection of devices, collect the stand on the table in the minimum configuration. For the test launch, a rather motherboard with a processor and cooler, one memory module, power supply, keyboard and video card (if you use a discrete, and the processor is either the board has a built-in video, connect the monitor to the latter).
During the build of the stand, it will not hurt to clean the contact ridges of the RAM and the boards of expansion of the school erasing rubber. It will remove the oxide flare from them, which worsens contact in the connectors.
- Turn on the power supply (if it is working, the duty voltage must start on the fee). Once again, check the temperature of the components. Hot, as you remember, should not be normal.
- In case of doubt about the performance of the power supply, replace it with obviously good (if available). If there is no such, try to start it separately from the system: Disconnect the 24-pin connector from the motherboard and connect the load, for example, an optical drive or a conventional switch with soldered wires to one of the free connectors. Close on the block that connects to the motherboard, contacts opposite the green and one of the ferrous wires. If the load feeds the sign of "life", and the fan will be twisted in the block itself, you can consider it conditionally operational.
To avoid the electrician, do not open the power supply, even if it is turned off. The containers in the high-voltage part of its scheme can save a charge for quite a long time.
- Run the stand (without forgetting to return the power supply unit to the place). This time not from the power button, and the closure of the contacts to which its wires are connected on the board. If the picture appeared on the screen (the computer earned), the cause of the problem is in the devices that are not connected to the stand now. If an obviously good monitor does not turn on, the failure occurs due to one of the devices involved.
As in indirect signs to identify a problem node
- If there are several memory modules on the computer, try running the stand with each in turn by setting them into different slots. If one of the combinations turn out to be a working, update the BIOS firmware. After that, it may earn the rest of the memory.
- If none of the RAM modules made the stand turn on, try to start it without memory at all. In this way, you check the conditional "liveliness" BIOS. "Live" firmware will give yourself to know the support of the system dynamics or flashing indicators on the keyboard or motherboard.
- Install a well-serviceable and compatible processor on the stand. If the computer will turn on with it normally, update the BIOS. Perhaps the processor that stood before was simply not recognized by the system.
- If you use a discrete video card, check it in different slots (if available), and also connect through another video output to another monitor input.
- If everything is described above, it has not helped you to identify the source of the problem, the culprit is likely to be the key node - the motherboard.
What to do with the device, which caused a failure? The choice is small: replace with new or attribute to the service for repairs.
The computer turned on (hears the work of the cooling coolers, video card), but no image.
The computer does not load. What to do?
In case there is a "SPEAKER" (special speaker), you need to evaluate the signals that it publishes. Based on this, you can estimate the fault of the "iron" of the computer. If there is no speaker, you can connect an external one. It's like this:
Signals from "SPEAKER" depend on the BIOS version (see the article "The BIOS Sound Signals Table"). If not and external - you can do without it, as this is not a panacea, I myself rarely use it. I recommend to do the following:
Check whether the monitor is enabled
Check the indicator " incl ". The LED on the monitor should glow or, as a rule, in the absence of a signal, blink. If there is no indication - check the power 220V and whether the power cable has not deployed. If the power is suitable, but there is still no indication - Monitor is faulty . In this case, you can connect the computer to the TV via HDMI cable, for example. Accordingly, if the monitor is faulty - change to another.
Check for connecting video cables (VGA, DVI, HDMI) to the video card and monitor
The video cable can slightly "move away" from the monitor connector if they were badly tightened. Correct if so. Reconnect video cable.
Turn off the computer
Press the "POWER" button and keep about 5-7 seconds, well, or until it turns off.
Open the lid of the system unit
As a rule, for this you need to disable all connected wires to the system unit:
- power cable
- DVI, VGA, HDMI cable (depending on which monitor connected)
- Disconnect patchcord and add. Peripherals (who has).
Unscrew 2 screws.
Inspect the components of the system unit (motherboard, video card, etc.). Perhaps there are swollen capacitors. To determine if there is a foreign smell (it is possible to smell "Gary"). If available, it is better to turn to a specialist. If everything is fine and smell no, then we go further.
- In 90% of cases case in it. Bad contact of RAM modules with DIMM slots (under RAM) on the motherboard. As a result, the motherboard "Woven"
- Many dust inside the system unit. Including on the Slots of the DIMM motherboard.
Prevention is needed.
If you do not want to bother, just reconnect the memory modules and most likely everything will work.
- We throw the power cable, video cable
- Run a computer
- We look the result
There are such cases that you have multiple memory modules. Fault in this case may be such: 1. Foreigned one of the installed RAM Modules 2. Faulty DIMM slot under RAM on the motherboard
In this case, you need to disable all RAM modules. Connect them one by one and watch the result.
If it turned out to identify a faulty memory module - change to a new or working module.
If you managed to identify the malfunction of the DIMM slot on the motherboard, then this slot is no longer using. We connect RAM modules to the remaining free slots. In the presence of economic feasibility, you can replace the motherboard.
If everything has earned - we collect, plug in everything back.
Small Board Prevention Board
I usually, since I opened the system cover, I carry out prevention. I remove dust with a vacuum cleaner. But, if there is a balonchik with compressed air, then it is better for them, since dust needs to be blown away, and not suck.
Remove the memory modules, the video card, turn off the SATA cables.
When you turn off the video card do not forget unscrew the screw иPress the latch
With the help of brushes, rags and technical alcohol, I carry out the prevention (cleaning) of the specified hardware parts of the computer.
After the prevention, we put everything in place.
- Run a computer
- We look the result
Sometimes you have to first:
- Launch a computer without RAM (in the event that mate. The fee "stuck")
- Disable full nutrition
- Put in place RAM
- Run a computer.
If the computer also does not work - we go further.
Most likely a discrete video card was faced.
- Disconnect (if there is an integrated video adapter). If there is no integrated video adapter, it will only help the "Podkin" another, obviously good discrete video card
- Connect to an integrated video cable video adapter
- Run a computer
- We look the result
If the image goes, the discrete video card is faulty. You can connect back and check again. Just in case, give this video card to a friend, let it be checked. If the discrete video card is defective - replace accordingly. In the event that you will not play toys and you do not use the SAD program (for example NX) - you can use an integrated video adapter.
Did not help? Move on.
Processor and motherboard
I will not write about the failure of the processor. It happens extremely rare. 1 case out of 1000. Maybe the processor has departed from the motherboard socket. Remove the cooler cooling processor.
Do not forget to apply a new thermalist, deleting old!
If the data "Shaitan manipulation" did not help, most likely faulty the motherboard (condensers swept, transistors failed, etc)
We change the motherboard. Only here you need to think about the feasibility of buying and replacing.
- First, if the motherboard is old, you can no longer find on sale.
- Secondly, if you hire a specialist for work, it can cost expensive. Sometimes cheaper to buy a new system unit. Since the specialist will take money to replace the motherboard, the prevention of the computer, installing Windows, installation of software and so on.
I hope my article helped you.
Perhaps you will be helped by additional computer repair articles:
In contact with
Unfortunately, it is sometimes possible to meet quite serious problems with the inclusion of computers and the start of operating systems, although nothing foreshadowed before a certain moment of trouble. It happens that the computer does not turn on at all, but most often the computer turns on, but the operating system does not start. It is about such situations further and will be discussed. Consider issues related to why the computer is not loaded, and what to do in such situations. There are several universal solutions.
The computer turns on, but the operating system is not launched: reasons
Among all possible situations where there are failures at the download stage, several typical cases can be distinguished.
There are three options here:
- black screen appears;
- BSOD blue screen occurs;
- The operating system starts, but cannot fully boot.
In the first case, when the computer does not start (loading does not turn on), messages indicating physical or software problems may occur on the black screen. In the simplest case, when nothing serious happens, the system can report that, for example, there is no keyboard (for stationary PC). The simplest solution will be its connection and reboot.
If the computer is turned on, but the download does not start, and instead of the black screen, warnings about software failures or missing files appear, the causes of such behavior can be quite a lot. Among them, first of all, it is possible to highlight problems with the hard drive, damage to the operating system (random or intentional removal of system components or registry entries), the effects of viruses, incorrect records of the boot sector, RAM conflicts, etc. By the way, if the blue screen pops up, it is more related to the "RAM" or the newly installed device drivers, which cause the appearance of conflicts is no longer on the program, but at the physical level.
What if the computer is not loaded, and the operating system does not start at the above reasons? Depending on the situation there are several solutions. They may seem sufficiently complicated to the uninituable user, but in certain situations, only them can be applied to the resuscitation of the system. Therefore, it will have to spend time and strength.
The computer turns on, but not loaded: what to do first?
So, let's start with the simplest. Suppose that a short-term technical failure occurred in the system, for example, with incorrect completion of the work or voltage drops.
As a rule, almost all today used Windows modifications usually automatically activate the system recovery start. If this did not happen, before starting the system, you will have to use the F8 key to call an additional boot menu (another method is used in Windows 10).
The computer turns on, but does the operating system be launched? It is not worth upset. Here, in the simplest version, you can select the load string of the last workable configuration. If everything is in order with the system components, the system will boot without problems. If this does not help, you have to use the troubleshooting section, and sometimes even attempting to boot in safe mode can be confused.
Possible viral infection
Unfortunately, viruses can cause such situations. What if the computer does not turn on? Methods for solving exactly this problem are reduced to using a powerful anti-virus scanner, which could be checked for threats before the start of the OS itself.
Among the variety of antiviral software, it is worth noting the disk utilities that start directly from the optical medium or the USB device, have their own boot records and even a graphical interface like Windows. One of the most powerful funds can be called Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Its use can guarantee almost one hundred percent detection of viruses even hiding in RAM.
Conflicts of RAM
Now let's see what to do if the computer is not loaded, and the blue screen appears instead. As already mentioned, most often this indicates problems with drivers and RAM. Drivers do not yet touch, and let's look at the "RAM".
The proposed solution on the subject of the time that the computer is not loaded, is mainly calculated on stationary PCs. In this situation, delete all memory bar, and then insert them alternately and check the download. Perhaps some of them is the link that fails. This may be observed when the planks of different manufacturers are added.
If the system can be able to somehow download anything, using the same safe mode, "RAM" immediately check the MemTest86 + utility, which will help to identify the true cause of malfunctions.
The system does not see the hard disk
Now the worst situation when the computer is not loaded. The reasons and methods of their elimination can be associated with a hard disk.
Winchester may have problems and software, and physical nature, although sometimes it's not even in this. The problem can be completely banal: the user in the BIOS settings set the priority of loading from a removable device, for example, from an optical disk, which is currently in the drive, but systemic is not. It should just extract and repeat the download.
On the other hand, another problem is that the computer does not start (the start of the system is not turned on), it may be related to the fact that the bootloader and recording of the corresponding sector is damaged. The decision of this situation will be told a little later. But in the simplest case, you can try to restore disk data using Recovery utilities.
Sometimes it helps and change the BIOS input / output / output settings. Here you need to find a section associated with the hard drive setting, and in the SATA configuration parameters deactivate the use of AHCI mode.
Finally, the Winchester may have and purely physical damage, and here it is not necessary to do without interference.
Using the installation disk
Many users clearly underestimate the help that the installation or loading disk can have a system in solving problems associated with situations when the computer turns on, but the operating system is not loaded.
First, almost any kit includes the so-called recovery console, with which you can eliminate a variety of software failures, and secondly, you can use the command line. This is, by the way, the most effective method. Next will understand how it works.
Bootmgr loader problems
It is believed that the most common problem is when the computer is turned on, but the operating system does not start, the Windows bootloader is damaged (Boot Manager). In this case, the system just writes that there is no system section (it simply does not see the Winchester).
You can correct this problem, provided you start from the boot disk and go to the command line in the recovery console, to call which you should press the "R" key. Next, you first need to use the disk check command, and then correct (restore) boot records.
The whole sequence is as follows:
- CHKDSK C: / F / R;
- Bootrec.exe / fixmbr;
- Bootrec.exe / fixboot.
After entering the commands, the punctuation marks are not set, and the input key is pressed. If for some reason, the execution of these positive effect commands was not haunted, as an option, you can use the full rewriting of the boot sector, which is made by the bootrec.exe / rebuildbcd command. If the hard disk does not have physical damage, it should work, as they say, on all one hundred.
Some third-party utilities can also be applied. The most suitable program looks like a means called MBRFIX, which is included in the Hiren's Boot CD boot kit. After its call, for example, for Windows 7, provided that it is this system that is installed, and only on one disk (there is no partition to sections), the following should be prescribed:
- MBRFIX.EXE / DRIVE 0 FIXMBR / WIN7.
It will deliver the user from the need to make changes to boot records, and the download will be restored.
Problems with access to the NTLDR file
When the message appears that this component in the system is missing, the load fixation is first applied, as in the past case.
However, if the result is reached, it will not be necessary to copy the original file to the root of the system partition. For example, if this is a "C" disk, and the drive is "E", the team will have the following form:
- E: \ i386> Copy NTLDR C: \ (after copying the system will boot without problems).
Damaged or missing file Hal.dll
In the case when the computer turns on, but the operating system is not loaded in normal mode, the reason may consist in a damaged Hal.dll component (the corresponding notification can be shown on the screen).
In this situation, you need to upload the system in safe mode, call the command console and register in it such a string:
- C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Restore \ rstrui.exe (hereinafter presses the Enter key and restarts).
Instead of the result
Here is a brief and all that concerns solving the problem of the impossibility of starting the operating system. Naturally, there were no questions that the cause may be reduced food, CMOS battery failure, a loose fit of the loops, the presence of dust inside the system unit or other malfunctions. But in the program plan, the above methods are working trouble-free.
This material is written by the site visitor, and for it is accruedRemuneration
So, let's say you do not turn on the computer. What I mean under the expression "does not turn on" - you click on the power button, but nothing happens: the fans are not spinning, SPEAKER does not cook, nothing trite happens, as if the computer is dead or not connected to the network.
What to do in such a situation? To begin with - to keep yourself in your hands and do not panic. Calmfully read this material and believe that you will succeed, because in 90% of cases, any problems with PC are solved without third-party repair at the service center (and most of the repair in the service center is too expensive to produce this repair and is much easier to replace the components) .
Remember everything and be honest with yourself
Announcements and advertising
-14000r on RTX 3060 ASUS DUAL
RTX 3060 MSI Gaming - Drain for Keepy
RTX 3070 <B> Cheaper than all and all </ b> in compeo.ru
Topwood from XPG is already on sale
-15000r on RTX 3060 MSI Ventus
Prices for video cards went cool down
-14000r on RTX 3060 Gigabyte Eagle
Another top Viseyah with Megaskidka
RTX 3060 - prices went down
Mattails Z590 first-hand at very good prices
RTX 3060 12GB in xpert.ru - manage to have time :)
<b> Balancetry for the Galaxy S20 family </ b> 25% discount
RTX 3070 in Xpert.ru at the lowest prices
Many RTX 3090 in xpert.ru
Diagnostics and troubleshooting will greatly facilitate your memories and honesty with yourself. Try to remember that the last time you did with the computer, after which he stopped turning on. I'll tell you on my example - my PC stopped running, and that was what it was with him: I made a replacement of the thermal paste, after that I experimented with acceleration on an open test bench, then I collected all the components back to the housing, during the assembly to fix 24-PIN Power of the motherboard, I accidentally leaned with a hand not on the body, but on the tower cooler, after which he heard a clear click, but did not give it values.
From the described actions it becomes obvious that the problem is socket, and perhaps I buried myself VRM. But, all, we hope that the problem will solve somehow differently and try to look for the problem where it is not?
Therefore, go to detailed malfunction diagnostics.
Full diagnostics and troubleshooting
So, we click on the power button, but nothing happens. What to do?
First: Checking the connection of all cables, including whether the power supply is turned on and it is saved from the network. If the faults are not found, then go to the next step.
Second: Check the help of the buttons - disconnect the "Power SW" wire and closer the corresponding contacts. You can close the contacts with any metal object without a layer of insulation, whether it is a screwdriver, a razor blade or a knife, a piece of wire or wires with stripped insulation. You only need to touch this item to two necessary contacts. If nothing happens, then perhaps contacts or an object in fat, you should degrease the place of contact and the subject itself and repeat the action again.
Third: If still nothing happens, the time pull out the components from the body on the table or on any other surface, wherever it would be convenient to work and inspect the components. Try everything to run on the table, perhaps, the iron wall of the housing somehow closed the motherboard or any other PC element.
Fourth: if the actions described above did not give any results, then the time to check the power supply is time. Naturally, if you have a test motherboard or a multimeter, then checking will be much more informative and simple, but let's imagine the situation that you have nothing. How in this case, check the power of the power supply (in any case, is it possible to start the system)? To do this, you will need a piece of wire or wires with stripped insulation or, the most banal - metal clip (preferably not painted). Scroll paper and maintain it in the arc so that the two of its ends is parallel to each other. Next, disconnect the power supply unit to eliminate the possibility of at least some electric shock. The remaining power supply cables must also be disconnected from any connectors. You take 24-pin (20 + 4pin, or 20-pin on the most ancient) block and closure the contact of the green wire with the contact of the black wire by the very closet or wire. If the contacts are not painted in your power supply, then place the block as shown in the diagram, count the appropriate contacts and close them (the fourth on top, from the side where the castle with the fifth / sixth / seventh is located on the same side).
We do not forget that we de-energized the power supply. After contacting the contacts, feed meals on the BP, not forgetting the button at the back.
If the power supply is started - rejoice, the power supply is fed. If the power supply is not started - you still rejoice, it is possible that only the power supply is not in charge (even in such a situation, try to maintain optimism).
Fifth: let's say our power supply is fully fulfilled. It follows that the problem is in the motherboard and / or in those components that are fixed on it. Let's start with a simple: pull out the battery from the motherboard and shorterate contacts in the nest where the battery is inserted. Create a closure will be enough in a de-energized motherboard literally for 3-5 seconds. Next, try to start the fee.
Sixth: If the above actions did not lead to any result, then the video card should be disconnected from the motherboard and already at this stage to start inspection of the motherboard. I also recommend connecting the smell to inspection if you smell Gary, then, most likely, something burned and you should replace the components that burned. But if the visual inspection did not reveal any physical defects, then try to start the system without a video card (naturally, and without other device connected to the board).
Seventh: If the PC could not be launched at the previous step, then the exclusion method is able to find out: a malfunction can be in RAM, motherboard and, in extreme cases, in the processor (which is still happening). You should try to run the system without RAM. If there is some garbage in the slots, it should be cleaned, for example, a toothbrush (clean). If at that moment the culprit is found, then you can congratulate you: either a problem with a memory controller inside the processor, or a problem in the slots of the motherboard RAM, or a problem in one or several memory modules at once. How to return to life RAM - about this and other non-standard solutions of typical computer breakdowns you can learn from the previous material.
Eighth: Suppose the system has not started and in this case. Consequently, the problem lies in the processor or in the motherboard. But it is not necessary to worry in advance that someone of them is a corpse or needs an expensive service repair. Remove the cooler from the processor, clean it with the cover from the thermal paste. Carefully inspect both the legs of the processor and its substrate and CMT components (if any). If with visual inspection it was revealed that the processor is in perfect order, then it is time to inspect the socket.
Carefully inspect the okolosokate space and socket itself. If the visual inspection did not reveal any problems, and you do not feel the smell of Gary, then inspect the motherboard from the reverse side. You need to remove the bokeplate, carefully inspect the CMT components behind the socket, inspect all the tracks on the board on the subject of scratches, there should be no cracks on the motherboard textolite. If the visual inspection also did not reveal the fault, then insert the processor back to the socket and try to start the system. In extreme case, if the board still did not start, then try to run the motherboard without a processor.
Ninth: But in this case, the system refuses to start, this means that either the problem is only in the motherboard, or the problem in the motherboard, and in the other components (except for the power supply). In this case, you can only remove the radiators from the nutrition chains of the motherboard and, accordingly, to inspect the so-called "feed" of your motherboard. You should be interested in condensers and field transistors (Mosfets). If the condenser has failed to determine quite easily, then the transistor failed most often can be determined only due to a multimeter transvelon. The discarded capacitor or non-working transistor is easy to replace fairly, having dropped by an ordinary soldering iron by 40-60 watts.
Naturally, I described only the most banal problems and malfunctions that are amenable to diagnosis without specialized equipment and professional skills. If, let's say, you were spilled on a system unit any liquid or dropped to a working motherboard a metal object conductive an electric current (a screw or screwdriver), after which the PC turned off (it is possible that with special effects), then in this Case you can not do without special skills or service.
Repair in my case
So, first, I removed the tower cooler, removed the processor and began to examine the socket. In some places, he was a blurred thermobust. But in general it looked without physical damage. Fortunately, I did not break it, I accidentally gets his hand on the cooler.
The remnants of the thermal span on the edge of the socket, I cleaned the usual pure toothbrush. In difficultly reaching places, it is best to use toothpick. If the socket is strongly crushed, it is recommended to rinse with alcohol, acetone, gasoline and brushing up a soft toothbrush, in some cases a needle is suitable (if the LGA socket) is suitable.
Next, I started visual examination of the processor - all his legs, fortunately, were in place. There was no left-handed legs.
On the inside of the processor substrate were the tracks of the thermal paste. I take them with a cotton waller, not the horn of the processor foot. But I recommend using a conventional wooden toothpick.
As we managed to find out, the thermal paste in most cases does not conduct an electric current. Even if it is present in the socket and on the inside of the processor substrate, it will not lead to a closure.
Next, I removed the bokeplate and examined the motherboard on the reverse side. Visual inspection did not reveal any damage.
I collected the system and launched my PC. The fee successfully started and offered me to set up the system in the BIOS, as "decided" that I installed a new processor in the socket. However, in BIOS, fortunately, all my settings profiles are preserved.
This was completed on this PC repair, I tested the configuration in OCCT, everything was successful.
Whether after reading this article, stop the computers and experiment - of course not, because the enthusiast remains an enthusiast only while he continues to experiment, it is this and distinguishes him from the consumer. But it is worth it to be more attentive and neat when assembling a PC - definitely.
In my opinion, in repairing a PC and correcting faults, honesty with yourself is at least a quarter of success, half of the same success is to properly form a diagnosis, and only a quarter of success remains for direct repairs as such. Do not look for the problem where it is not. And, if it came to handle to the service center, it is important to say the truth to the master, as you brought the PC to such a state, whether it is the cut paths on the motherboard with a screwdriver or spilled tea with a laptop. It will save time for the repairman, and you have money cast for repair.
If you are not able to solve the problem on your own, then I advise you to visit the conference of Overclockers.ru, where you will definitely help and give advice.
But in my case, the conference participants could not understand what exactly led to a PC malfunction, so let's try to find out in the comments that it was not allowed a PC to start and what could be (and maybe so far) damaged in the motherboard?
This material is written by the site visitor, and for it is accruedRemuneration
Does your computer refuse to load?
When your system cannot even be initialized, it is difficult to find the source of the problem. Of course, there is no reason for despair. Even if everything looks very bad.
1. Run the computer in safe mode
This is an alternative boot scheme that runs your computer with minimal software. The modified download process can bypass drivers and programs with programs. However, if your computer is not loaded, you may have problems and using a secure mode. Then you must select one of two relatively simple ways to log in.
Method 1 Most computers hang on the main screen Windows . From here you can download your computer into a secure mode by turning off the boot process three times in a row, which automatically turns on Windows Restoring.
In the window "Select the option" Choose "Troubleshooting" → "Advanced Parameters" → "Start Parameters" .
In section "Launch parameters" You can restart the computer in safe mode.
Method 2 If you can't get into a safe mode, you need to create a USB recovery device in Windows 10. However, this requires that you have a different computer with Windows 10. and a USB device with a storage of at least 512 MB. If you want to create a backup system (you will see a backup option for system files on a recovery device), you will need 16 GB of memory.
About backup wrote Earlier in the article "How and why make a backup of Windows?"
Run the control panel, click "Create a recovery disk" . Then follow the instructions. After creating a recovery device, you can download the computer from it only if you have turned on it from the medium POST. also known as UEFI or Bios. . After turning on USB drives as a boot option, place the disc into the computer and restart.
2. Check the battery
If you are using a laptop, battery problems can lead to a car failure. It is worth checking the alternative charger cable to make sure that this will not solve the problem. Make sure the cable works by trying it on another laptop. Then remove the battery and connect the device to the power source. If the power problem makes it impossible to start, it is important to know whether the battery can be replaced, the charging cable or other component.
3. Disconnect all USB devices
Sometimes your computer may not be launched due to a USB device conflict. You can eliminate this problem by turning off all USB devices (and any other unnecessary peripherals) and restarting the computer.
4. Disconnect Fast Boot
In your Bios. or UEFI there is an installation called "Fast loading" which allows you to quickly and safely download Windows 8. and later versions of the operating system, pre-downloading drivers.
Unfortunately, updates Windows can stop compatibility with Fast Boot . Fortunately, the setting can be turned on and off using your Bios. .
Method of inclusion BIOS / UEFI. Different for different computers. In most cases, pressing the key "DEL" When starting must start the environment POST. .
Two other keys that can help in this case, "F2" - on most modern computers and "ESC" - if you have a HP device.
After entering B. Bios. or UEFI option "Fast loading" It is usually part of the extended parameters, but it can be anywhere. If you do not see "Fast loading" , Your computer was made until 2013 and does not contain this option.
5. Scanning for malicious
Malicious program can cause many problems with your computer. Use the antivirus program that can be downloaded from a USB or DVD drive. Some companies provide this software for free, one of these programs - Avg Rescue CD. (It can also be installed on a USB device).
More information about the choice of antivirus programs can be found in the article "How to choose an antivirus program?"
6. Run the command rocket interface you can download Command Prompt, it will expand your capabilities.
Using this interface, you can run more troubleshooting procedures and may even solve your problem.
To download the command prompt, run your system. During initialization Be sure to read the key combination information which will allow you to enter Bios. .
Click the tab "Loading" and select how to download a copy Windows With a USB or DVD drive. The specifics of this process may vary for different systems, so familiarize yourself with the instructions on the screen. Then insert the disk or device containing Windows , Save the configuration and restart the computer. When the query appears, use the keyboard to specify how you want to start the system.
Enter your preferred data, then select "Restore Computer" On the next screen.
Then click "Troubleshooting"> "Advanced Parameters"> "Command Line" And then you will see the command line window.
7. Use the system recovery or recovery when starting
If you run Windows 10. From the disk or device, it is worth using several utilities that are available as part of the process. Once you start downloading the system from the device, as described above, you will get access to the parameters.
On the screen "Extra options" Find "System Restore" и"Recovery at startup" .
The system recovery is a utility that allows you to return to the previous point of recovery when the computer worked fine.
It can fix the problems when starting caused by the changes made by you, and not a hardware malfunction.
Startup Repair. - Universal troubleshooting tool.
8. Avoid Windows 10 bootloader
If your computer is not loaded after trying to reinstall Windows 10. , Run the command prompt interface and enter the following: BCDEDIT / SET BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY
Restart the computer, and you do not have to deal with additional problems included in the safe mode Windows 10. .
9. Try the side utility Repair Disk - this is a utility that can help you very much.
It is open source, and you can use it to automatically detect and troubleshoot problems that prevent the download of your computer.
BOOT REPAIR DISK. - Easy to use the program. Just choose whether you use 32. -Reveloped or 64. -Beveloped version Windows . Test and all fixes are performed automatically, although there are options that allow you to manage some processes.
10. Reset to factory settings
In extreme cases, you can try to update, restart or restore your computer. After updating your computer, Windows It will be reinstalled, and your personal files and settings will be saved.
Also saved applications supplied with the computer and the programs you installed. When you restart the computer, Windows Reestills, but files, settings and applications are deleted, with the exception of those that are supplied with the installation of the operating system of your computer.
Restore your computer will cancel recent system changes.
What to do in a situation where the computer seems to be turned on, but does not start?
What if the computer is turned on, but Windows does not start?
Very often, users of computers when there is a problem with a computer when, when you press the power button, it is supposedly turned on, but Windows did not start it, incorrectly report about the problem.
Most of them think that if the computer began to buzz and caught fire, the green or blue light on the power button, it means that the computer turned on.
In fact, it simply came the tension to the fans. If, at the same time, there is no image on the screen and the system speaker is silent, without making any signals, then this means only one thing - the computer did not turn on and did not start.
In this article we will try to help you deal with this problem, when the computer seems to be turned on, but never started.
Situations when the computer turns on, but does not start
First you need to determine what exactly the situation arose in your particular case. Now there will be a list of the most common of them with reference to the methods of their solution.
If you didn't find your specific situation in the list above, then describe it in the comments and we will try to give you an answer as quickly as possible.
We will correct errors in Windows 10. But in Windows 8 and 7, the recovery process occurs about the same.
If the system does not even start loading
In such cases, the screen with the OS logo does not appear. Instead, a black background with various errors is displayed.
Disconnect peripheral devices
The system may not be loaded due to a malfunction of one of the connected devices. Try disconnecting USB drives, cartriders, printers, scanners, cameras, microphones and other support techniques.
After turning off, restart the computer. If it does not help, temporarily disconnect the keyboard and the mouse, and then press the reboot button again.
Check the status of the boot disk
The BIOS is so called the layer between Windows and the hardware of the computer - the download settings could be shot. For example, if the wrong disk is specified as the source of the OS files, the device simply does not find them when turned on and therefore cannot start the system.
1. Restart the computer.
2. Immediately after starting, press the BIOS input key until you see the settings menu. Depending on the PC manufacturer, this can be F2, F8, Delete or the other key. The usually the desired option is displayed at the bottom of the screen immediately when the computer is turned on.
3. Once in the BIOS settings, find the BOOT section, and check whether the Windows system files are set to first place in the download list. If not, move it to the very top. The appearance of the BIOS may differ from you, but its structure is always about the same.
4. Select "Save and Exit" (Save and Exit) to apply changes.
After that, the computer will reboot and the problem can eliminate.
If the previous method did not help, a larger failure could occur in the system. In this case, you should reset the BIOS. How to do this, Lifehaker has already written. After that, files on drives and Windows settings will remain intact. But, most likely, you will have to go to the BIOS, find a section with the time parameters and date and set them up again.
If the download begins, but Windows hangs, restarts or appears blue screen
Windows downloads can interfere with incorrect updates, errors in drivers, as well as third-party programs and viruses.
Try running the system in safe mode. It activates only the basic components of Windows without unnecessary drivers and programs. If the problem is in the latter, the system will start and you can clean it.
To download Windows 8 or 10 in safe mode, turn off the computer by holding the power button, and turn it on again after a few seconds. Repeat this action until additional download options appear on the screen. Usually need up to three such reboots. Then click "Troubleshooting" → "Advanced Parameters" → "Download Options" → "Restart". After another reboot, select "Safe Mode".
To enable Windows 7 in safe mode, restart the computer and immediately after start, press the F8 or FN + F8 key (on laptops). In the menu that appears, select "Safe Mode".
Turning on the secure mode, delete the last installed programs and check the antivirus system. If it does not help, open the Windows Recovery menu in the settings and use one of the available options. The system will send you prompts.
If nothing helped
Most likely, Windows system files are damaged. Try to restore them with special means.
Use the Windows Recovery Environment
This menu with tools to restore Windows work. When downloading problems, the system often starts it independently immediately after the PC is turned on. "Automatic recovery" appears on the screen. In this case, select "Advanced Settings" → "Troubleshooting" → "Advanced Parameters".
If nothing like this happens, try calling a manual recovery environment.
In Windows 7 and older versions of the OS, press the F8 or FN + F8 key for this (on laptops) immediately after starting the PC. When the "Advanced Download options" menu appears on the screen, select "Troubleshooting a computer" and use the recovery options that the system will offer.
To enter the Windows 10 or 8 recovery environment, turn off the computer by holding the power button, and turn it on again after a few seconds. Repeat these steps until the Automatic Recovery menu appears on the screen. Usually required up to three reboots. After entering the menu, select "Advanced Settings" → "Troubleshooting" → "Advanced Parameters".
Finding on the recovery environment, you will see several options. Make the following.
1. Select "Recovery when loading". The system will try to eliminate problems independently.
2. If it does not work, go to the recovery environment again and select the "Command Line" option. In the window that appears in turns enter commands diskpart. , List Volume и EXIT . After each press ENTER.
A table with local disks will appear on the screen. Please note which one is signed as a system (disk with Windows files). This is important because its letter may not coincide with the label of the system disk in the conductor.
If no disk is noted as a system, calculate it in size: you need to find in the list, whose volume coincides with the size of the local disk to which Windows is installed. If you do not remember or do not know this, it is better not to do the following and close the command line.
Enter the command BCDBOOT C: \ Windows , Replacing C on the letter of that disc, which is systemic. Press ENTER and restart the device.
3. If it does not help, try other available recovery options using system prompts.
Use the boot disk or flash drive
If the recovery menu does not open, you can run it using a boot disk or flash drive from Windows. If you have nothing of this, you will have to buy an OS installation disk.
But you can also use another computer to download the image of Windows and write it on the USB flash drive. Note: To successfully restore, the discharge of the Windows image must coincide with the battery of the OS on your PC.
When you prepare a media, use it to download your computer. To do this, insert the flash drive or disk and restart the machine. Immediately after starting, press the BIOS (F2, F8 or DELETE) key.
Once in the BIOS settings, find the Boot section, and set the first place in the list of Windows Load or Windows disk.
Select "Save and Exit" (Save and Exit) to apply changes and restart PCs.
When the device boots with a removable media, click "Next" and select Restore System.
Now try "recovery when downloading" and other options listed in the previous paragraph of this article.
If the recovery tools do not help, it remains to reinstall Windows using the inserted disk or flash drive. In the process, all data on the system disk will be removed, but the OS, most likely earn.
To reinstall the system, restart the device, click "Set" and follow the instructions on the screen.
If Windows reinstall does not help, most likely, the problem is in the computer's gland. In this case, contact the service center.
Why is the computer not loaded when you turn on: 6 tips, what to do if the PC does not load and Windows does not appear
Sooner or later, most users have to face a question: the computer is not loaded when turned on. What to do and how to solve the problem in the shortest possible time, not spending nerves not excess manipulation? Usually, the problem is shown suddenly, without any preliminary signals, and the "symptom" you notice only one: the PC refuses to load. With this, the "iron" itself can fully work successfully, but you do not see anything similar to the usual welcoming window of the operating system.
In the article, we will consider this particular problem as the most common and at the same time unpleasant for the usual user. Below we give several universal councils, with which you can get rid of a malfunction - and again enjoy work or playing your favorite computer. Carefully read the manual and follow him, trying not to skip a single stage. If nothing happens, repeat the sequence of actions - perhaps the first time you missed something.
The main reasons why the computer turns on, but Windows does not load
Theoretically, the computer may refuse to load normally on a variety of reasons, including temporary, disappearing with the next inclusion. In practice, you can allocate some of the most common situations:
- After the next inclusion, you only see the black screen (if so, read about the reasons for the black screen when the computer is loaded).
- Operations starts to boot, but at some point stops. In our instructions on why Windows 10 is not loaded, and what to do, we dismantled in detail this question.
- After the PC is running, a blue screen appears with a list of system errors, what to do, described in the article on the link.
The most popular reasons why the computer is not loaded, when you turn on the black screen, you can learn from the above link above. Depending on the situation, you can observe on the monitor or a completely black background without any signs of OS activity, or all kinds of system notifications of errors identified during the last load. If you are particularly lucky, it may be that the case is only in a not connected keyboard; If the problem is more serious, the case can be completed by reinstalling the system.
With a blue screen, so familiar to experienced users, everything is not an example easier. You can, focusing on the error code, find out what exactly does not suit the operating system, and eliminate the problem. Most often the case in hardware faults; Significantly less often - in the incompatibility of drivers and other fatal system errors.
Whatever the cause of the problem, you will almost certainly be guided by the instructions below, to start your computer again. Do not worry if part of the tips will seem difficult to you: for a starting user, they really represent certain difficulties, however, following the algorithm step by step, you can understand why the computer does not load when turning on, and quickly correct the situation.
6 tips that will help solve the problem of downloading a computer
Tip # 1: Check in BIOS, is it installed loading from a hard disk with windows
Let's start with the simplest option. The system files needed to start the OS boot start are placed on the most used hard disk. This happens independently of the Windows version and other secondary parameters - the principle remains unchanged over the years. Does not play roles and brand motherboard, as well as other components of the company.
But what company has developed the BIOS version that you use is directly related to the process of fixing the PC loading problems. Currently, four generations of BIOS can be distinguished - about working with each of them we will tell in the relevant section.
To log in to the BIOS menu, most often required during the next compute on the computer, click exactly one key - Delete. or less likely F2. Other options are possible - look into the instructions attached by the manufacturer, or pay attention to the very first screen that occurs when the PC is turned on. Also, find out how to enter the BIOS, you can in the article under the link.
Check the download parameter in AMI BIOS
Consider what to do if the computer is not loaded, and you use this version of the BIOS:
- As soon as you find yourself in the list of software and hardware bundles, open the tab. Boot . Note that in this mode, all manipulations are performed without the help of the mouse, only from the keyboard.
- In this section, it will not be difficult to find the subsection Boot Device Priority. ; You will need it for further settings.
- Look at this subsection, which device is first in order. Ideally, it should be a system hard disk. If it is not, with the help of arrows and keys ENTER Select the correct drive for the first item.
- After the changes are made, you can exit the BIOS menu in the usual order - or use the button F10 After which I confirm the desire to leave the adjustments made in force.
After you agree, the PC reboot will begin. As a result, if the problem was in the wrong choice of the main drive, you will receive a computer, regularly loading and ready to work.
We put the download with HDD in Award BIOS
If you use the BIOS of this version, the procedure for the normalization of the situation will be as follows:
- Find the bus menu on the main window Advanced Bios Features. .
- Now, if a computer is not loaded with Windows 10 when you turn on, select the line on the new page First Boot Device. And look at which of the connected devices is set by default.
- If this is not a system hard disk, correct the situation by selecting on the list open by clicking on ENTER The correct option. Most likely, you will fit the line Hard Disk .
- When the settings are successfully changed, exit the settings menu in normal order, from the last partition - or immediately use the key F10 . As soon as you confirm the desire to exit, the PC will be automatically rebooted.
Installation of hard disk boot in Phoenix BIOS
If you use the hardware and software bundle of this generation, you will have to perform the following manipulations:
- When you turn on the parameter menu, select the tab. Boot .
- Using the "Plus" and "minus" buttons - or arrings - select your system hard disk in the list of available drives so that it stands in the first position.
- Now, as in previously considered cases, you can touch the key F10 - And at the request of the system, confirm that you want to save the adjusted adjustments.
How can you make sure to fix the problem, as a result of which the computer turns on, but Windows does not load, it is much easier than it seems at first glance. Now consider how to act with the modern generation of software and hardware bundle - UEFI.
To solve the problem with the wrong choice of system drive, do the following:
- After you find yourself in the settings menu (it looks not as an example more attractive, and often Russified), Switch to the tab Boot .
- In section Boot Option Select the first device from which the download should be made. How easy it is to guess, this is your systemic hard disk.
- When choosing, focus on the sequence number P * : most often a system drive, because of which the computer refuses to load, located under the number P0. . Also, pay attention to the media model listed.
- Now it remains to go to the last section of the menu, EXIT , then choose the output with the preservation of the adjustable - line Save Changes and Exit .
If the motherboard is from this famous manufacturer, try the following procedure:
- When you find yourself in the main menu, go to the tab Boot Priority. .
- If the computer turns on, but not loaded, set the first to order your system hard disk.
- You can make a choice, just dragging with the mouse, the desired title at the very top of the list. Of course, you can simply use the keyboard.
- Now exit the list of basic parameters, without forgetting to confirm the changes made.
Do you use a software and hardware bundle developed by this company? Then you need:
- As in the previously given examples, to be, after loading the menu, on the tab Boot Priority. After that, move the system drive to the top position of the list. If he is already there, it is not necessary to change anything.
- Exit the parameter menu by confirming the previously entered adjustments.
In the case of the software and hardware settings menu, developed by this company, the procedure is not fundamentally different from the above algorithms:
- Using a mouse or keyboard, find yourself on the tab Bios. .
- In section Boot Option Choose your system disk as the first in order. The remaining settings can be left unchanged.
- Exit the basic settings menu using the command SAVE & EXIT SETUP , After that, do not interfere with the computer to restart. New download must be completed with a successful starts start.
Our instruction, what to do if the computer is not loaded, will continue to describe the work with the Hewlett-Packard assembly PC - the order of exhibiting the boot disk in this case is somewhat different from the standard one.
First option to select download with HDD on a laptop
We proceed with the settings of the hardware and software bundle:
- Once open the main window, select SYSTEM CONFIGURATION. . Here you will need, moving with arrows, to be in the list Boot Options. .
- At the very beginning of the settings, we recommend activating the parameter Legacy Support .
- Confirm your choice.
- Now it remains to configure the two partitions selected in the next figure. In the first place the download of the already installed operating system - item OS Boot Manager. . In the second it is necessary to assign the first option in order. Hard Drive. - Then your computer will be able to load normally.
- Finally, go out in the usual order by choosing in the section EXIT A line with the appropriate name: Exit Saving Changes. .
The second boot option from the hard disk in the BIOS on a laptop
In this case, you will need to act in a similar order:
- As soon as you open the main menu of basic parameters, select the tab. SYSTEM CONFIGURATION. .
- Now, to get rid of the problem, because of which the PC is not loaded, go to the menu Boot Options. .
- Switching into the next menu, Boot Mode. , activate the function Legacy .
- In the next menu, set as a priority device from which you will be downloaded on the computer, the hard disk on which the operating system is installed.
- Now, returning to the first in order of the tab File , Exit the basic settings menu by selecting the change option.
Tip # 2: Disconnect the entire peripherals from the computer
Try turning off the entire peripheral from the computer from USB ports. It can be:
- Flash drive;
- A printer;
- Game joystick;
Leave only the mouse and keyboard.
Tip # 3: Check the RAM
The next important step, which in no case is not recommended, is associated with RAM check. Most often, the operational memory problem is manifested in stationary computers - and, fortunately, it is easier for them to make sure that all the planks are in good condition. To do this, it is necessary to completely turn off the computer, and it is better to de-energize, disconnecting from the outlet, after which, after driving all the planks, insert them one by one, after checking whether the computer is loaded. If at some point the PC begins to start normally, the case is almost one hundred percent probability in the malfunction of the removed plank. Either this is the problem of the motherboard and you may need to reset the BIOS settings.
The characteristic sign of such a problem - the computer is not loaded when turning on and beeps, feeding the RAM fault signal.
Additionally, it makes sense by booting in safe mode, perform a full check of RAM using a wonderful application. Memtest86 +. .
Tip # 4: If a menu has a secure loading mode
If after the next inclusion of the computer you see not just a black screen, but the menu with the choice of safe download parameters, we advise you to do the following manipulations.
Select the download options in the list of available options with the latest successful parameters - it is highlighted in the screenshot at the top. After that, the PC should start loading - and you can finally reveal the problem and eliminate it. And to independently select the ability to download in safe mode, with the next inclusion, press the button several times. F8. If it is impossible to download the latest operating OS configuration, we advise you to read the instructions, what to do if Windows 10 is not loaded.
Tip # 5: Windows 10 bootload recovery
Operating system message containing words Operating System Wasn't Found , "No Bootable Device Found" Or similar in the meaning of the phrase, indicates a fault of the boot partition. The bootloader is present in all generations of the OS, regardless of the generation, the manufacturer of the hard disk, the BIOS version and so on.
So, the computer does not load. Causes of the loader failure can be the most different - we will tell you how to act to act as quickly as possible to restore the operability of the OS.
Automatic system restoration
Fortunately, modern operating systems are quite autonomous environments with their own recovery tools. Most often enough to use the system tool to return the computer the ability to boot. The following instruction will help you to deal with the problem:
- PC is loaded using a "alarm" disk or drive with version of the same bit as you use. It may first be necessary to set the correct loading priority in the BIOS, as shown in the first council.
- Once in the OS installation window, select not the main button, and the Recovery link.
- To start, click on the shock that offers to search for current faults. After that, select the option " Recovery when loading "
The further process will flow automatically. Confirm the desire to start searching and recovering - and give a computer that can not boot, a few minutes to work. When the problem, due to which the computer does not load the first time, will be finally solved, be sure to change the order of loading media to the source - so that the OS starts from the hard disk.
Manual loader recovery
Unfortunately, the first method, the simplest, does not always lead to the desired result. There is nothing terrible in this - you just have to spend a little more time and perform recovery with your own hands. As in the previous case, first you need to get a disk of recovery or a drive with a recorded version of Windows Windows of the same bit, which is on the computer - the benefit of the option is only two.
When using a disk to restore, select In the options menu " Command line " If this is a regular medium, after the welcome screen appears, use the key combination Shift. и F10 .
After a well-known black window appears, enter in it, alternately applying the following requests:
- First request - diskpart. .
- The second, executed after the application of the first, - List Volume .
- Determine, focusing on the size, letter assigned to the system drive. It needs to be remembered or recorded on a leaf.
- When the task is completed, apply the request. EXIT .
- Most often, if the computer turns on, but not loaded, to correct the situation, only one additional query is entered in the same window: BCDBoot Let: \ Windows where Let. - This is previously found in the table of the letter.
If several operating systems are at once on the PC, such an operation can be performed for each of the drives with system files. At the same time, do not forget to specify the correct letter of the carrier every time.
In most cases, after the actions you have completed, it will be enough to perform a simple reboot and wait until the computer boots in the usual mode. Previously, do not forget to set the correct drive in the software and hardware menu - your system disk with which there were problems earlier.
Sometimes when you first try, you can see an error message on the screen of the downloading computer. 0xc0000001. - This problem is solved extremely simple, a new reboot. Just give a computer for a few seconds to solve all the difficulties associated with the liquidation of the system failure - and start working on a fully corrected OS!
There are a little more complex situations. For example, if the computer is not loaded when connecting the SSD, and the system files are recorded on this drive, after troubleshooting the system can initialize the full test of the SSD disk. For the next half an hour or more to do you, nothing will be required - the process proceeds in a fully automatic order. True, and use the PC until the operation is successfully completed, it will not work - just get patient and deal with other affairs.
Another bootloader restore method
It happens, although not so often that the method below does not work, and you still do not have the ability to use the computer in the usual mode. In this case, you need, by calling back to the command prompt and by following requests diskpart. , and followed by him and the second, List Volume , Embed to further settings.
Depending on the current layout of the media and the type of BIOS, you can range from 100 to 500 megabytes, but you will find it in a common table anyway. Letters of Tom You will not see - you will have to remember its number.
After you get the desired information, proceed to working with the system tool:
- First apply the request SELECT VOLUME. NUM. where NUM. - It is just found Tom number.
- Second required query: Format FS =. For where For - exactly the same markup, which is given in the original table, the column " FS. " You do not need to change it.
- Now, if the computer does not load further, you will need to assign any new letter, for example, Y. New request - Assign Letter =. Y.
- After the last query is completed, exit with a short command. EXIT .
- Next, without closing the system tool window, apply a familiar request with minor improvements: BCDBoot Let: \ Windows / s Y: / F All . Here Let. - The letter of your system carrier.
- Optionally, you can repeat this request for each of the operating systems on the computer.
- Open the section again diskpart. .
- Apply a familiar request List Volume .
- Take advantage of the query SELECT VOLUME. NUM. - exactly in the same order as in the first paragraph of our instruction.
- "Free" a system partition from a previously specified literary with a command REMOVE Letter =. Y.
When the final command is completed, close the system tool and run another reboot. Make sure the problem is finally eliminated - and start working, playing or watching a movie!
Tip # 6: What to do with the error "NTLDR IS Missing"
Now let's talk about a very unpleasant situation: after turning off the electricity, the computer does not load, and on the black screen you see the following notice.
Most often, such an error occurs on old versions of Windows, including XP. A reboot, which is proposed to be done, usually does not help anything - which means you need to take, for the sake of deliverance from the problem, more decisive actions. The reasons for this situation can be quite a lot, and they do not make sense within the framework of the article - it is better to immediately talk about the decision. All we will offer two options; Both are quite effective and easy to use.
Replacing the NTLDR file
Getting to work:
- If you have the ability to copy good files to the flash drive: actually Ntldr. and the second Ntdetect. . They can be found in the catalog i386. , on another computer with an identical operating system or on the installation media. The obtained data is necessary using, for example, a recovery disk, transfer to the root directory of the system disk.
- Perform a new download from the installation storage.
- When the XP familiar lovers appears blue windows, press the key. R.
- Follow the query CD Let: where Let. - Letter assigned to your system drive.
- In order, apply two more requests: FixBoot And when the first will be successfully completed, FixMBr. .
After that, you can close the system tool and run a new reboot.
Activation of system partition
The second version of the solution of the problem at which the computer is not loaded, when the OS saver does not appear:
- Uploaded from any special disk to restore OS, check whether the current system carrier makes the mark Active. . If not, set it manually. Not bad tool for resolving the issue - Hiren's Boot CD .
- Next start to go to the recovery mode, then apply the request FDISK. . Now you can specify which partitions must be active at subsequent OS loads.
All listed ways of the disposal of malfunctions are purely programmed. Usually there are more than enough for the computer again was able to start loading. Thoroughly do all manipulations - and do not forget to correctly enter the commands!
Will this article help you?