Why does the dog falling wool? Why does this happen? Is abundant wool loss of the norm, or is it a pathology? Let's try to figure it out.
The reasons for the fallout of six in the shaggy friends of our may be many. But all of them are divided into two categories: non-flame and hormonal.
Non-coronal causes of wool loss in dogs
Seasonal or age
This is a completely natural phenomenon that should not cause any concern from the owner of the dog.
With a seasonal molting, the animal wool falls uniformly throughout the body. If the hairpro is dropped by flocks, moreover, redness or itching appears at the site of the fallout, it already talks about serious health problems.
An ordinary abundant molting occurs in a healthy pet once twice a year (as a rule, in spring and autumn). Elderly dogs can lift more often. Autumn molting lasts longer, but the wool is less.
The seasonal mink continues about 3-4 weeks. The scale of molts also depend on the breed, the type of wool and age of the animal. During such lines, it is necessary to carefully care for the animal wool, to deduct it with the help of calculations, furs. If this is not done, then in dogs (especially with long thick wool), the fallen hair may not be discharged, but confused in the "lively" wool. As a result, chatins are formed, which then it is impossible to comb and they have to endure them.
There is an opinion that from smooth-haired and short-chest wool dogs are much less than from dogs with long and thick hair. But this is a huge delusion. And I know it is not a mustache. As the owner of a smooth-walker Jack Russell Terrier, I can say for sure that everything is just the opposite. During the period, the wool is not less from it, but even more. How so, why? - you ask. You can find the answer to this question in the article: Wool Jack Russell Terrier.
Seasonal molting does not affect the well-being of the animal, while the loss of wool caused by any disease is often accompanied by additional symptoms, such as: lethargy, lack of appetite, itching and so on.
Passion for clothing
The next, important reason for the loss of wool in four-legged is the passion for dogs. Showing care for your pet, some dog owners try to protect him in every way (rain, snow, sun). Protecting an animal from atmospheric phenomena, they dress on it a variety of clothes for dogs.
I must say, recently there are many varieties of dog clothes. What is not only for sale: vests, caps, boots, jumpsuit for all seasons (warmer and cold), suites on a daily sock, suites for a festive exit and a lot of everything else. And everything is so cool, everything is so beautiful. How can not to be kept and not to buy a beautiful outfit to your pet.
Especially for such a dressing, the owners of small breeds are inclined. And what about, because in a beautiful suit, a small pussy will look even more mimicious, even funnier and more fun. Everyone around will be admired and admire.
Very often we forget that the dog is a descendant of a wolf. And all these outfits do not need our pets at all. It is necessary first of all to us.
The organism of the dog is arranged in such a way that he is able to endure both heat and cold. And once again "Kuina" of their taper, we only achieve the fact that the animal body ceases to independently produce immunity to all temperature differences and the pet begins to root.
Of course, all our dogs are fully domesticated. You can, and even you need to protect the animal from rain and frost. But it is worth it only in exceptional cases.
Dogs can safely and walk without clothes in the rain. And in the winter to wear them only in severe frosts.
Like a person, a homemade dog is a resident of large megacities. And it is quite natural that from time to time the animal may experience stress and shocks from the impact of external factors. Salute salts, moving, the change of the owner and even a visit to the veterinarian can cause the strongest stress and, as a result, wool loss.
What to talk about animals, who, having lived for many years with people, are on the street (lost, or simply turn out to be unnecessary).
Unplanned molt can provoke some cosmetics that dog owners are used when bathing.
Another reason why the dog falls wool is the frequent bathing of the animal. Frequent washing leads to the fact that the wool of four-legged thin, becomes breaking. Yes, and a constant leaning from the skin of the sebaceous glands is fraught with the fact that the hair onions simply cannot resist in the hair bags and fall out.
Bathing the dog is recommended no more than once every 1.5-2 months (except, of course, unforeseen situations). The water temperature should be slightly warm. Daily, after a walk, it is worth washing only paws and pussy-ass. You can read in more detail about the rules of bathing in the article: how to wash the dog.
Very often the cause of wool loss is allergic. Allergies can be food and not food.
Food allergies can manifest itself during the feed of the feed of the animal. Moreover, it does not matter, dry it is feed, or natural. Allergies can be both dry food and some types of products with natural feeding. Often there are cases when the body of a pet, over time, begins to respond even on the feed or the products that it eats for many years.
Not food allergies can manifest itself on some types of drugs, detergents and cosmetics.
The first signs of allergies are to redness the most sensitive areas of the skin (ears, abdomen, the regions of the armpits, the mucous membranes of the eyes and the grazing), the swelling of individual parts of the body, the appearance of itching, rash, and then already properly. There should be no sore and ulcers with allergies (of course, if the taper does not calculate the title parts of the body into the blood).
Lack of vitamins
The lack of vitamins in the animal body can also lead to a rich loss of the hair cover, because the pet is not always getting all the necessary trace elements with food. But remember, in no case can not be fascinated by the vitaminization. The overabundance of vitamins is no less, but even more dangerous than their disadvantage.
Another reason for the loss of wool in dogs can be parasites that are creating both in the skin and in the body of the animal. Vlasedi, mites, fleas, helminths.
When infecting the pet with parasites, the wool is already falling uniformly, throughout the body, and shreds. There is a strong itching, wounds. An animal is not able to tolerate this unbearable itching and combing wounds to blood, dying wool with sores. Compacts can reach multiple centimeters in diameter.
A very dangerous causative agent is a subcutaneous scaffold tick, which causes such a disease as demodecosis in dogs.
During demodicosis, the lips, eyelids, hind limbs, belly are susceptible to the strongest baldness. The subcutaneous tick is multiplied with an incredible speed, and if it does not start treatment in time, then the dog can just die in the torment.
Very often, young animals are sick demodecosis, in which the body is still very weak. This disease is parasitarian, and if your pet has immunity for one or another reason, the probability of becoming very large is very high.
A ringless deprived or tricoe thoughts is a very dangerous disease that is transmitted from the animal to a person. The causative agent of this disease are microspores (fungal infections).
The first sign of a ringworm deprived are red spots and broken hair. At the first manifestations of this disease, it is urgent to contact the veterinary clinic, since the whole family can get infected with this infection.
Signs of this disease are: abundant wool loss, the appearance of pigmentation on the skin, and sometimes highlights and papilles. The foci is predominantly concentrated in the armpits, groin, on the ears and neck. First, the skin acquires a brown color and becomes dry. Over time, it starts black, various growths and folds appear.
Wrong conditions of detention
Poor ventilation, temperature drops (heating and air conditioning) can lead to dryness and peeling of the skin, dim tint and fragility of wool.
Hormonal causes of wool loss in dogs
Hormonal causes of a wool friend baldness can be set. Let's talk about the most common of them.
Hypoteriosis is a deficiency of thyroid hormones. The disease can be both congenital and acquired.
The main function of the hormones of the thyroid gland is the control of the main metabolism. And once the work of the thyroid gland is broken, then the work of all organs and systems of the animal organism is disturbed.
The main signs of the manifestation of this disease are: reproductive violations, damage to the cardiovascular system, eye damage, wool loss. First of all, the baldness occurs on the back and the bokes of the animal. Also amazed become areas that are subjected to maximum friction: the neck area under the collar, the groove region, the axillary depressures. At the same time, signs of combing is not observed.
Cushing Syndrome is a disease in which the pituitary gland (brain appendages, producing hormones, affecting growth, metabolism and so on) begins to highlight cortisol (hormone promoting confronting stress) with a double rate.
So it's good! - Many will say. And here is not. The number of cortisol falling into the blood, with Cushing syndrome, is so rapidly, which, most likely, it would be enough not a dog, but an entire elephant. Therefore, an excessive amount of cortisol in the animal body causes serious disorders in its body.
In addition to abundant hairproof, such deviations are observed as: serious violations of behavior and psyche, excessive thirst and urination. An animal begins to eat a lot, but at the same time practically does not get fat, but only displays the belly.
Excess or disadvantage of estrogen (hyper ethrogenism or hypo estroynetism)
Estrogens are the common name of the genital hormones, which are produced in the body of animals of both sexes. And the first sign of the violation of the level of estradiol in the body is to thinning or loss of wool in animals in the field of genital organs.
There is no single universal method for the treatment of wool fallout.
Before starting treatment, you need to reveal the true reason why the dog falls wool, and then it is to treat exactly the disease that caused a wool loss.
Many diseases are simply impossible to reveal without the help of a qualified veterinarian and proper diagnosis. Therefore, at the first signs of the loss of the hair in an animal, first of all, you need to show a pet to the doctor.
Prevention of wool loss in dogs
To prevent cat loss in dogs, first of all, it is necessary to follow and take care of the health of your pet, about his mental equilibrium.
Regularly inspect your pet, take care of its wool, conduct preventive measures against parasites. Pay attention to the quality and diet of the products you feed your dog. After all, only a healthy animal, with a strong immunity and a steady psyche, will become the owner of a thick and silky hairproof.
Good luck and take care of your pets!
Alopecia (wool loss in a dog): symptoms, reasons, treatment
Seasonal molting in animals - a sign of the normal functioning of the body. For some breeds are characterized by a round-weather wool loss, for others - in the offseason. Created non-iron species that are important to cut and trimming. But if the process leaves propellant and causes itching, this is a reason for anxiety: the dog is sick.
Possible causes of illness
The second name for wool fallout is alopecia, and this is normal if the animal does not bope, does not lose activity and appetite. The guarantee of high quality woolly cover is the correct pet care, balanced nutrition. But the cause of the link may be a disease. Therefore, two types of prerequisites are distinguished to the emergence of the inconcepting molting: hormonal and non-immoral.
Hormonal failures are associated with thyroid and sebaceous glands dysfunction . They occur against the background of other serious diseases (due to the reduction of immunity, the VILLINs become brittle). Either due to sterilization (when the selection of sex hormone is reduced, the animal is rapidly gaining weight; its skin softens, the state of hair bulbs deteriorates; the abundance of the root growth is reduced).
If the reason for the alopecia lies in hormonal failures, the first poisons appear on the neck and chest. Compacts are symmetrical and gradually spread throughout the body.
Lack of thyroid gland. More often such pathology is subject to elderly dogs or overweight dogs. Propened to disease spaniels, fees, Erdelterier, Doberman, Setters.
Hypothyroidism is manifested by symptoms:
- Decrease in temperature, activity, lack of interest in life;
- Weakness, bad portability of exercise with physical exertion;
- Rapid set of mass;
- Swelling muffins;
- Body pigmentation disorder;
- Hair becomes fragile, brittle, faded;
- Alternate wool loss on the back, chest and neck of the cloaks.
Treatment is based on the introduction of hormones, special tablets for stimulating glands of the capsules "Levothyroxin".
In the photo dog with hypothyosis
It is characterized by a disadvantage of growth hormone. This is a genetic disease, and not acquired, is observed in a small amount of puppies. German shepherds are prone more often to the disease. Check the puppy on the leaning can only be using DNA test. Symptoms are manifested by 3-4 months after birth:
- The kid stops in development and growth.
- He has problems with teeth, leather (cover becomes subtle, which increases the risk of irritation and dermatitis).
- In addition, the wool will die and fall out to the seasonal mink. This is due to the fact that puppy wool does not change on adult.
Dog in the photo Hypophizar dwarf
Estrogen - female sex hormone. The disease implies his oversuetration, both in the bitches and in dogs. Causes of appearance: Tumor of the Tsemennikov for males and cyst (less often the ovarian tumor) for females. The only possible treatment is surgical, followed by the removal of reproductive organs and complete (or partial) sterilization.
Pathology is manifested by symptoms:
- Wool loses their presentable species, actively falls out (first on sides and stomach symmetrically), skin inflammation is not observed;
- The males swell their nipples, the testicles are lowered, increases and swells the extreme flesh (the process of feminization);
- Girls swell loop and halo;
- In extremely flesh, growths may appear;
- Increases the abundance of selection from the genital organs.
In the dog in the photo hyperstrogenism
The disease is inversely hyperstroenism - that is, the lack of estrogen (more often in females). Usually appears after suffering serious diseases of the reproductive system (pyometters, endometritis, mastitis). More often occurs in mature and elderly bitch.
The pathology is manifested by thinning of the skin, the gangs in the groin, the overall slowdown in hair growth. Usually, the problem is not solved completely, the animal is forced to take artificial hormones for life.
Hypoestrogenism in a dog in the photo
These reasons are directly dependent on the care of the owner and the quality of care. If the animal receives proper veterinary service, eats an expensive balanced feed, regularly bathes and processed from parasites, the problem of loss of wool is unlikely to overtake.
Separate causes of baldness is stress, moving, avitaminosis. There is a concept of pattern alopecia in newborn puppies, usually, wool is restored without human intervention.
A healthy gastrointestinal system is a pledge of a good skin, wool, claws and teeth. If the diet is not enough protein and saturated fats (fatty acids) of the cover loses the natural glitter, discolored, the oave hair becomes brittle.
The food must be a complex of vitamin, including copper, mineral salts and vitamins of V. Balance group achieved with artificial or natural adhesive.
There is food allergies, irritation from the bites of ectoparasites and the reaction to emissions in the environment (household chemicals, exhaust gases, pollen). Depending on the type, symptoms are manifested:
- Redness and itching, causing anxiety in a pet;
- Wool fallout on inflamed skin sites;
- Cough, sneezing;
- Swelling of individual parts of the body (limbs, muzzles);
- Increased salivation, separation of tears or other biological fluids;
- Redness of mucous
- Weeping eczema.
Treatment depends on the stimulus. Sometimes it is enough to isolate a dog from allergen, in difficult situations antihistamine drugs are introduced.
An important article on the topic: "Symptoms and manifestation of allergies in dogs: we understand what happens and what to treat."
Infections and parasites
The most frequent problem, due to which the animal loses her wool, deprive. Fungal diseases or yeast infections appear when contacting an infected object. Similar reason - Seborrhea, in which the whole body is covered with scales.
In the warm season, pets attack fleas and ticks . If ordinary ectoparasites can be derived from droplets or shampoos, then demodex ticks (which parasitates in the bulbs of the hair) or scabies to etch a whole complex of measures: immunomodulators, ointments, symptomatic drugs.
Important articles on the topic:
Signs of falling out with treatment recommendations
The reason is diagnosed by manifested symptoms. Depending on the source of the problem, treatment is assigned. The general course necessarily includes a dog isolation from an external stimulus (ectoparasites, allergens) or delivered from the root cause (hormone stimulation). The next step is to process the emerging wound, inflammation.
The dog falls wool to rods to properins
Such symptoms inherent in fungal infection (often deprived). It rarely brings discomfort to the pet, but are properly scattered throughout the body, do not look aesthetic, and bare skin is covered with a crust or blisters.
Such problems are treated under the supervision of the doctor. There are injections for internal treatment of disease and ointment for outdoor use. During the period of recovery, the introduction of therapeutic feed and immunomodulators.
If wool falls in winter
To the cold, the animal changes the wool on a more dense, growing thick undercoats, so the baldness in the winter period is alarming. Depending on the characteristic symptoms, several possible reasons can be distinguished:
- Avitaminosis or allergy;
- Stress, nervous disorder.
Often in the winter, the hosts dress animals in protective overalls. If clothes are made of synthetics and irritates the skin (or rubs) the appearance of alopecia is quite possible. Too close outfits often become the cause of baldness.
The dog itches, and the wool falls
Common symptom for flea invasion .It is possible to diagnose it yourself: in the groin and on the belly there are visible insects or their highlights (black sand and dandruff). Bloom bites make pets combing skin, which causes hair loss. In this case, the processing of parasites is required by droplets on the withers or other external means.
If the dog has demodicosis or scabies, the reason lies also in the invasion (but parasites are too small to see them), the diagnosis can only put a veterinarian after research: skin scraping, a common blood test. In this case, the treatment is aimed at restoring the immune system.
Detailed article on the topic: "Demodex Canis, Injai, Mange) - Malicious ticks in dogs."
Dandruff, skin flakes and wool falls
Seborrhea - the process of isolation and accumulation of the fat enzyme, which causes severe skin peeling in the animal. It can be caused by the insufficiency of vitamins, poor-quality nutrition or stress. Due to such irritation, skin is weakening, cracks, which causes secondary infectious infection.
To cure peeling and itching, use special dog shampoos. Although to fully get rid of symptoms, it is better to analyze and learn the root cause.
The dog falls wool on his back
Usually, the seasonal molting comes from the head along the back and ends on the tail. Therefore, if regular alopecia is scheduled on schedule, you should not worry (even if it started a little earlier). In the opposite case, consultation at the veterinarian is required, it is impossible to determine without diagnostics.
If the baldness began after the introduction of a new product in food, or use a bathing agent, then, most likely, wool fallout will stop when the pet contact is restricted with these substances.
A similar problem often occurs with an allergic reaction to food products. Usually, animals negatively react to chicken, corn, wheat or poor-quality finished feed. But on the alopecia around the eyes also affects the infection of the mucous membranes: conjunctivitis, blepharitis, meibomit (internal barley).
Experienced breeders also know that there are eyelids at ease of bulbs with demodecosis. Therefore, it is better to contact the clinic for accurate diagnosis.
On the neck
If the wool falls out symmetrically on the neck and chest, the reason lies in the hormonal failure . Although sharpes and bulldogs appear alopecia between the skin folds in the absence of water procedures and processing excessive interlocks. Treatment of hormonal diseases is to be carried out by special drugs, but only under the supervision of the doctor.
What do veterinarians say about this
Specialists assure in the importance of pet vaccination from demodicosis and deprived, despite the fact that these vaccinations are optional. Infection with fungus or subcutaneous tick is almost impossible to completely cure, which carries the dog to lifelong feeding pills.
It is important to be examined annually in the clinic to make sure the normal functioning of all organ systems and glands. Then from the list of reasons can be safely excluded hormonal failures.
But the most important thing for the dog is careful care. Some breeds need to swim every week, to others - 1 time per year. Such a schedule depends on the characteristics of the structure of wool and skin cover. The owner must be attentive to changes in the behavior of the pet, so that in case of the appearance of the first symptoms, it is quickly corrected.
Vitamins and preparations for the restoration of woolen cover
A healthy dog has a beautiful thick smooth wool with a bright color and glitter. In order for the appearance of the pet to remain flawless, it is necessary to carefully follow:
- Bathe and comb according to recommendations for the breed;
- Use only gentle agents for animals;
- Observe the power supply, choosing high-quality products and feed without allergenic additives.
In the period of molting, the dog must be combed daily to get rid of dead hair. Without this procedure, the pore clock occurs, which leads to itching and irritation. With the appearance of any unhealthy signs: properly, redness - you need to arrive at the clinic.
Another factor affecting the health of the wool is the adequacy of the vitamin complex. All puppies and adult dogs need to feed minerals. If the dry feed includes the necessary vitamins, special additives are introduced for natural nutrition.
There are production pills for wool growth and nutritional supplements:
- Wit Active C-Sh (increase in the density of the hair, improvement of the structure; preventing the destruction of hair bulbs);
- Beafar (complex vitamin for healthy dermis and wool);
- Excel 8 in 1 (compound of garlic and beer yeast);
- Vitamins varieties Kanina ;
- Feed patterns and liver, linseed oil, beer yeast, lamb, serum (vitamins B, H, F);
Video on the topic
Wool quality - defining a factor for class assignment. In addition, woolen cover is the main evaluation criterion at exhibitions (especially for exhibition dogs). To maintain hair quality at the proper level, the owner needs to make a lot of strength.
The dog loss in the dog is one of the most common causes of dog owners to veterinarians. Most often, any bald of the hosts are called ringworms and try to force a doctor to treat an animal from him. The microsporia (scientific name is deprived) is common in dogs, but causes baldness not many more often than other reasons. Also alopecia is observed in dermatitis of various etiologies - other fungal infections, parasites, allergic reactions. Rarely the dog falls wool due to not clarified causes - rare hereditary, autoimmune and other diseases.
In dogs, there lives a certain period of time, after which it falls out, and in its place is growing new. In most cases, this is a natural process, even if the wool climbs into crocks. Depending on the type of content and other external factors, several types of molts are distinguished in dogs:
The first molting in puppies leads to a change of soft juvenile wool on an adult coarse hair. Then twice a year in dogs there is a seasonal molting. Under the influence of external stimuli (illumination, temperature), endocrine regulation is triggered, which starts the reflection mechanism of the undercoat and a longer isge. A similar procedure occurs in the spring when the fluff hair begins. Seasonal molting stretches for several weeks (up to 1.5-2 months) and begins with head, gradually passing along the back to the tail and limbs.
In animals contained in warm apartments throughout the year, seasonal molting is not expressed. Instead of this hair drops as aging and dieting follicles. Such a change of wool is invisible, but can increase with various external influences. In this case, a pathological link is developing, which is associated with parasitic, infectious and other diseases.
Shreds wool can fall out of the dog both with the overall exhaustion and shortage of food, and with a lack of a number of essential elements. The overall disadvantage of nutrients can be determined along the clinical picture, but for the diagnosis and proper selection of treatment, it is necessary to make a biochemical blood test.
Clinical signs with a lack of various vitamins:
- A-Avitaminosis is accompanied by follicular hyperkeratosis, poor wool, scales on a large body surface;
- Vitamin B deficiency 7 leads to the loss of hair around the eyes, the formation of crusts on the face, total lethargy and diarrhea;
- The lack of nicotine acid leads to dermatitis, ulceration of mucous membranes, pleuritis.
For treatment it is necessary to lead the diet of the dog. First of all, the vitamin feed is additionally introduced. It is also recommended to make intramuscular injections of complex vitamins and trace elements.
Skin and Catch Diseases
Inflammatory processes in the skin lead to a violation of the nutrition of the hair follicle, its elimination, which is why wool falls on the affected area. Dermatites develop as a result of the vital activity of a number of parasites, infectious agents, as well as the effects of allergic and irritating substances.
Various parasitic diseases
In dogs on the skin and in its thicker parasitize various types of arthropods. More often than others in dogs detect Bloch - it is secondary with bloodless insects feed on the blood and lymph animals. Unlike most other skin parasites. The fleas can easily change the owner and move between dogs and other animals, infecting them and the environment.
With a small amount of flea, hair loss is not expressed - the dog stretches the wool, itches, but the loss of hair is small. With a large number of parasites and individual sensitivity in animals, the inflammatory reaction is stronger, flea dermatitis develops:
- Papulas and vesicles are formed on the skin;
- Combs are inflamed, flexible;
- wool places falls out, radiates near the tail;
- Strong itching - the dog does not cease to hide.
From flea helps to get rid of various drugs containing permethrin, ivermectin, butoxy. For processing, shampoos, drops on the withers, collars, injection facilities are used. The location of the lesion is lubricated with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory ointments. But it is impossible to completely get rid of fleas if they do not destroy them and their offspring in the external environment. These parasites are laying off their eggs into carpets, dog beds, any secluded places where their larvae will develop.
It is necessary to carry out thorough cleaning, and after it disinfection of the room. It should be treated with the place of payment by special preparations. The simplest thing is to make a room with a flea and ticks with an aerosol.
Much more damage to the skin and hair cover with the invasions of lice and valvened. But these parasites are currently more common. These are small insects, do not exceed 2-3 mm in Dina. The whole cycle of development of parasites passes on the body of the owner - the female constantly puts the eggs, gluing them to the hair. After hatching the larvae, like adults, begin to eat blood.
The parasitization of the lice is accompanied by the strongest itch, and in the presence of the valceored, the abundant loss of the hairproof. To destroy the lice, it is necessary to use the same drugs as from fleas. Especially efficiently swimming with the use of special shampoos.
The dog falls wool and itching appears with mite invasions:
It is believed that the pathogens of demodicosis live on the skin of most dogs and are part of a permanent microflora. The development of the disease is associated with the suppression of the immune system (hereditary predisposition, systemic pathologies, the use of chemotherapy). There is a great distribution of demodecosis among puppies, since their system of resistance is not yet fully formed.
Usually lesions caused by demodxams are localized on the face, groin, are formed ballas on the paws. Less often noted in dogs generalized form of the disease. Pathology is manifested by alopecia, erythematous inflammation. Often there are acne - small abscesses filled with pus and a large number of parasites.
For the treatment of demodecosis you can not use ointments and other drugs with corticosteroids . Dogs are treated with shampoos and creams with benzoyl peroxide. Every two weeks it is necessary to bathe a pet in a solution of 0.25% ammatrazine solution (with pronounced stability, the concentration is increased by 2 times). It is also effective for the treatment of ivermectin and derivatives from it.
Chesoccalic ticks (sarkoptosis) can also not give their presence for a dog for a long time. In addition, parasites can settle in human skin, but pathology in most cases is not clinically manifested. Only weakened animals with increased sensitivity there is a clinical picture:
- intense itching;
- rash and erythema;
- crusts in places damage to the skin;
- hair loss.
Signs of the disease are determined by mechanical damage and irritation of the skin, the allergic and toxic effect of tick metabolism products. A significant role in the pathogenesis is given to self-separation - the teeth and the claws of the dog are caused by the main damage, causing secondary dermatitis.
To make a diagnosis and determination of the type of ticks, it is necessary to make a deep skin scraping for studying it under a microscope.
To reduce itching, the dog should use corticosteroid drugs. The secondary microflora is destroyed by antibiotics, antiseptic preparations and sulfanimamides. The fight against ticks is carried out by the same drugs that were described above.
Unlike the rest, the sodpects are affected by the ear canal, they are very rarely detected in other areas. The disease is accompanied by a specific clinic - combing the ear shell and head, winding the muzzle, otitis. For treatment, similar means are used - most often in the form of droplets for making them in the ear canal. But it is preliminarily necessary to clean your ear from crusts, pus, the excrement of ticks.
Skin lesions fungi are combined into a common dermatophytium group, which includes pathologies caused by many types of microhribs related to the genus Microsporum and Trichophyton. They are similar to the clinical picture, methods of diagnosis and methods of treatment, therefore, in a practical sense, there is no need to conduct differential diagnosis.
The fungal lesion of the skin in dogs is not so common - it is characteristic of regions with a warm and humid climate. The spread of infection occurs mainly in contact method. The disease is characterized by a long incubation period and treatment time (up to 1-2 years).
- For the classic shape, a rounded spot of skin inflammation with brittle hair and baldness is characterized;
- The lesion applies to the body radially from the primary focus;
- Itching is expressed in most cases;
- The generalized form is accompanied by the formation of crust and ulcers.
Most often for diagnostics use special lamps, under the light of which can be detected by glowing spots on the skin of the dog. But it should be understood that the glow gives only one species - Microsporum Canis and then not in all cases. The remaining fungi is so impossible to detect. In addition, many factors can affect the results of diagnostics - lamp insufficient warming, the use of iodine preparations. It is finally argued that the dog climbs the wool due to fungal infection only after the microscopy of the pathological material or cultivation of it on the nutrient media.
Leaving dermatophytes in dogs without treatment is unacceptable, as this disease is a greater danger of a person and other pets. The therapy of this pathology is very long and in non-compliance with all rules of fungi can remain and appear at the pet again. The treatment is carried out locally and systemically to destroy pathogens in those places where the clinical manifestation is not yet expressed or it is impossible to use local processing.
Outlies and lotions containing clotrimazole, miconazole, ketoconazole are applied to the lesions. Itching places should not be treated with corticosteroids, as it often reduces the effectiveness of treatment. To better exposure to medicines, it is recommended to remove the coat in the lesion and around the lesion area (in severe cases, dogs are fully). Processing makes twice a day, but this is not enough - once a week it is necessary to bathe ps together with a shampoo or a solution containing chlorhexidine or the means listed above.
For systemic struggle against dermatophythic, griseofullvin, itraconazole and ketoconazole in the same dosage are used. You can add therapy with the help of special vaccines that accelerate the restoration of the body and in some way suppress the development of fungi, but it should not be used as a prophylactic agent.
Other causes of baldness in dogs
Studies conducted in the field of dog veterinary medicine show that the reasons for the loss of the hair in the pets have a huge set. Increasingly, diagnoses are made on congenital predisposition, idiopathic alopecia. Such pathologies are rarely found and for the most part are not treatable.
Congenital anomalies of hair cover:
- Dobermans alopecia on the sides appear at the age of 1-4 years and gradually spread to the back and tail;
- Wool in Husky and Malamute in 3-4 months on the torso can purchase a redhead and significantly fall out;
- In 2-4 years, the Irish water spaniel may fall over the wool on the cereal and the tail, gradually it will be restored, but the characteristic will not be the same;
- At Padel, Yorkshire Terriers, Rottweiler, Labradors and Belgian Shepherd, there is congenital hypotrichoz - puppies appear with hairproof, but pathology is rapidly developing up to full baldness;
- Dogs with blue and yellowish brown color can bald in sections of wool with white hair - alopecia are observed aged 6-12 months.
From congenital treatment diseases is not developed. You can apply a systematic and supportive therapy, but it has minimal efficiency. Hair loss continues, often until the dog's full baldness. In Pomeranian Spitz, Chow Chau and a small number of rocks there is congenital dermatosis reacting to castration. After the removal of seed glands in such dogs is restored by coat.
If the pet falls wool, and you do not know what to do, then you need to contact the veterinary clinic. Only diagnostics will determine the cause (this is necessary, since there is a danger and for the owners). And on the basis of the diagnosis, the following preventive measures are being treated.
Write Cover - Dog Health Indicator. When the wool gets out the focus, the pet acquires an untidy look, they appear and they need to urgently reveal the root cause.
In the article, I will tell about the main reasons for the accelerated loss of wool in dogs. I would recommend the means of diet therapy that you can solve the problem yourself. When veterinary care is needed.
If you have already determined the cause, go to the "What to do" heading. There is a step-by-step plan to combat a disease.
19 Probable reasons for wool climbs
The reasons for the pathological molting are customary to be divided into hormonal and non-coronal.
At the imbalance of hormones, symmetric local bald sections are formed. Most often the listed pathologies are developing:
- Pathology of thyroid gland . Only hypothyroidism leads to the loss of wool - insufficiency of thyroid glanduli. There are noisy pets and old dogs. Pathology develops from Dobermans, Retrivers, Erdelterères, Cocker Spaniels.
- Dwarf - Inadequacy of growth hormone. Characteristic for German Shepherd puppies. On the back and stomach do not grow hair. Cubs do not gain weight. Additional symptoms - the disproportion of the proportions of the body. Very large head and hypertrophied joints.
- Excess secretion of adrenal hormones ( Cushing syndrome ). Congenital predisposition register with boxers, dachshunds, terriers. Additional symptoms:
- Region or anorexia;
- weight loss or obesity;
- the collected of the belly;
- From the skins smell like ammonia;
- Cracks and ulcers on the back.
- Excess estrogen . Developing in bitches and males. The cause of pathology is the dysfunction of the germ. Often the consequence of hyper-ethrogenism becomes an uncontrolled application of hormonal contraceptives of type stop-sex. Additional symptoms - hypertrophy of vulva and nipples, falsely, infertility, hypersecretion of ear sulfur.
- Estrogen deficiency It is found in middle-aged females suffering from permanent gynecological diseases. Wool drops near the vulva on the tail or in groin.
Non-immunity causes are divided into infectious and unsuccessful. Among the most common are the following:
- Flea dermatitis They cause ectoparasites in the warm half year. An animal is fiercely itching. Parasites, wreking blood, leave the dog. Leave on the wool eggs in the form of whitish grains. Black excrement of fleas are constantly trembling. The dog looks untidy, the wool begins to climb, nasses appear.
- Versh and Visedy Donimize dogs in winter, when fleas lose activity. They are constantly on the owner. Versh feeds Sukrovitsa, moisture - wool. Associate a home. Glove hair with a special secret. Collunas are formed, in which ideal habitats of arthropods are created. Hairless bodies are quickly expanding.
- Subcutaneous pings - Demodexes, Sarkoptesa, notohedrus violate the integrity of the skins. On the affected surface, fungi or cocci are developing. Ferred suppuration, the skin is typing, hair disappear.
- Round helminty Block suction from the intestine of vitamins. Use biological catalysts for their own needs. The skin and hair do not receive food, dermatitis are formed.
- Parasitic fungi dwell on the surface of the dog constantly. When weakening immunity, leather and wool becomes affordable nutrient substrate for a microorganism. First, the woolls are closed, as if they were touched. Then the skin is affected. In the spaciousness, the ailment is called ringingly deprive. The disease is dangerous for children, old people and persons with weakened immunity.
- Bacterial infections . They develop on the surface of the skins affected by fungi, intradermal and civic parasites, the hair follicles are melted, the wool falls out, the ulcers, fistulas, ulcers are formed in places.
The following diseases of unsuccessful etiology lead to the loss of wool:
- Stressful situations . Dogs are emotional creatures. Changing the room or owner, the appearance of a new pet, moving, a large accumulation of dogs at the exhibition causes an inadequate reaction. PSA covers a despondency or rage, an appetite is perverted, wool falls on significant portions of the body.
- Allergy It manifests itself when an unknown reason the immune system takes a harmless substance for dangerous and tries to destroy by developing violent inflammation. Inadequate reaction appears in response to the following stimuli:
- bites and metabolites of arthropods;
- Products of the life of microorganisms;
- External stimuli - dust, odors, other animal wool either own (atopic dermatitis);
- components of feed;
- Hyovitaminosis A consequence of the imbalance of the diet, which often happens with natural feed. The second reason is the activity of helminths that prevent the suction of vitamins from the intestine. Additional symptoms - hair depigmentation, skin, pallor of mucous membranes.
- Hypervitaminosis There are due to the uncontrolled use of drugs from good intentions. In addition to the loss of woolen cover, the following pathological symptoms appear:
- oppressed state, nausea, itching;
- kidney damage, liver;
Hypervitaminosis is more dangerous hypovitaminosis.
- Chronic poisoning cause loss of wool. The body is trying to get rid of poison in all possible ways: diarrhea, vomiting and hair loss, in which toxic substances also accumulate. Additional symptoms may differ depending on the nature of the toxin.
- Summer dermatitis Develop an allergic scenario. Furious woolly after bathing stick to the skin, conditions are created for the development of anaerobes. Under the influence of sunlight of steroids in subcutaneous tissue, toxic substances are synthesized. The inflammation of the skins is developing, hair bulbs are melted. Pathological state is manifested annually, every time the disease occurs everything is harder.
- Attack flies . They suffer from dogs living in a cone and feed on with natural feed. Avitaminosis develops, the skin on the tips of the ears is cracking, coats the wool, Sukrovitsa will sing. It attracts flies that corrupt the skin.
- Excessive care . In fact, this is a kind of mockery of pet. Wearing clothes, especially in the summer, creates optimal conditions for the development of microflora, which constantly lives on the animal. Frequent swimming with the use of shampoos destroys the protective shell of the fur consisting of zero-like substances. The lubricant from the sebaceous glands is washed, the skin dries out, the wool gets off with flocks. A visit to the grooming salons, frequent combing brings the hostess and harms the dog.
What to do if the dog falls wool
If the reason for hair loss is hormonal disorders, follow the orders of a veterinary doctor.
Hypothyroidism is treated daily parenteral administration of synthetic analogues of thyroxine. Dwarfishness is incurable. The excess secretion of the adrenal hormone (Cushing syndrome) is eliminated by the operational way if the iron is affected by the tumor. In conservative treatment, the following drugs are used:
Ketoconazole is an antifungal drug that oppresses the synthesis of steroids.
One tablet is calculated on a dog of 20 kg. Package price 130 p.
The excess and lack of estrogen are amenable to treatment by castration.
If the loss of wool has a dog occurred Due to non-neuronal diseases , After diagnosis, you can treat pets yourself:
- To eliminate fleas, lice, vansedov use the following means:
I recommend aerosols. They are convenient to use. True, malnutrition cannot be allowed while the working solution does not dry. Therefore, 20-30 minutes of the jaw dogs are closed with a ribbon or wear the Elizabetan collar. If you find chopencies, get rid of them with special shampoos.
Price - 240 p.
- Treatment of dermatitis caused by subcutaneous ticks, spend in two directions:
- the destruction of the parasite;
- Symptomatic treatment.
Demodecosis is most difficult, because the symptoms are manifested in late stages of the disease. I do not advise using pills, because the course of treatment is stretched for months. Injection preparations are effective, but possess side effects. Therefore, use external means, for example, an amit-forte.
Price - 220 p.
Processing the affected surfaces with the capture of a healthy leather strips 1-2 cm. Repeat processing with an interval of 5-7 days, 2-5 times before recovery. Eggs are immune to akaricide, and the larvae need to be eliminated before the onset of having age.
In parallel, spend detoxy therapy, pierce the hamavit. To facilitate the general condition and saturation of vitamins, you will need to translate a pet for therapeutic nutrition. I recommend PERIN DRM.
Price for 1.5 kg - 1000 p.
- Microsporia treatment is aimed at the destruction of fungus and elimination of complications. When a single beds are found, use fungicidal agents in the form of ointments or aerosols. With large-scale lesions of the skin, contact the veterinarian. Tablets for the treatment of fungal diseases are effective, but possess side effect. I recommend an aerosol of Fungin Forte. Spray spray over lesions twice a day. Course treatment 15 days.
Price - 350 p.
Select the drug for immune correction by consulting with a veterinary doctor. To accelerate the healing of damaged skin, we recommend transferring a pet for nutrition of Pyrin DRM (100 r. / 1.5 kg), Eucanube dermatozis (1500 r. / 2.5 kg) or Hills D / D (1700 r. / 2 kg) for treatment Skin diseases of any etiology.
- Bacterial infections are developing with weakening immunity and in most cases are secondary. The treatment consists in mechanical cleaning of the affected surface, followed by antiseptics. I recommend the terramicin spray.
Price - 490 p.
- Stressful situations Prevent tablets or droplets of stop-stress.
Price 213 p.
- Instructions for use recommends pouring the drug into the mouth with a small number of delicacies for 3-5 days before an event capable of proving a stressful state. After the event, the giving medication is extended for 4 days. The dog weighing 20 kg will require 1 ml / day.
- In allergic conditions, interrupt contacts with the stimulus. Apply antihistamines that the doctor appoints. For emergency cases, when it comes to keeping life, keep an ampule of dexamethasone with you (pack 10 ampoules 1 ml - 70 p.). 0.5 cm3 intramuscularly or subcutaneously introduced into the medium mass. Risk to losing pet is great. If we are talking about food allergies, translate the pet for hypoallergenic feed. I recommend Hills Z / D.
Price 3 kg - 2300 p.
- Hyovitaminosis. With vitamin preparations for dogs you need to handle carefully. Go from natural nutrition to any finished feed of the premium class and above. Your dog will not have hypovitaminosis, and hypervitaminosis.
- When poisoning, contact the veterinarian and follow the specialist.
- To get rid of flies on the ears, lubricate the affected tips of the tar. Refuse the labels, use finished feeds not lower than premium class.
- So that the pet does not suffer from excessive care, remember that you have a living dog, and not a doll. Refuse clothes, do not bathe pet with detergent without need, show moderation in the desire to make the dog beautiful.
- Diseases of dogs and cats [Electronic resource]: Comprehensive diagnostics and therapy: Tutorial for students of agricultural universities, students in the specialty 110800 "Veterinary" [Starchenkov S. V. et al.]; Ed. A. A. Stekolnikova, S. V. Starchenkova. St. Petersburg: Spetslit, 2013 - 924 p.
- Paterson Sue. Skin diseases of dogs, aquarium Print, 2011 - 176 p.
- Disorders of the function of the thyroid gland in dogs. ON. Ignatenko, K.V.N., Member of ESVD and Esve, Kiev, Ukraine / N. Ignatenko, PhD, Member of the Esvd and Of The Esve, Kiev, Ukraine. Magazine: №5 - 2015
Virtually all apartment dogs wool lines year-round, evenly all seasons. In dogs with a wild type of wool (shepherd, Laikides), the molt is enhanced in the off-season, spring and autumn.
Seasonal shift of the coat of woolly cover lasts from one week to a month. Completely combing undercoat, you will help the dog quickly reset the ballast.
Why do apartment dogs linen constantly? List the normal causes that are not pathology.
- Violation of the temperature regime. Houses are warm, not lower than 18 degrees. Pet part of the day spends in the apartment, then goes for a walk. The body cannot properly adapt, understand what time of year is it? Increase wool or dump it? Therefore, it comes to a compromise with the environment and all year slowly changes the fur coat. At service dogs living in street aviaries, molting occurs adequately, 2 times a year.
Combing dogs at least once a week, very fluffy 2-3 times. In addition to the prevention of chatins, removing dead hairs, you additionally massaging the skin, blood sticks, hair is enriched with oxygen and nutrients, becomes stronger.
There are excellent tools that facilitate combing:
Furminator - suitable for medium, short and long wool. Well removes undercoat. Indispensable for strongly melting dogs. Cannot be used for wool without undercoat.
Stripper - it is good to use it on long wool with thick undercoat (Newfoundland, Senbernara, Samoyed, etc.).
Pojokerka - Perfectly combing long wool. The undercoat removes not very good, it is mostly used simply for combing.
- Frequent washing. Also can provoke hair loss. Dogs are recommended to wash, using a special shampoo, no more than once a month.
- Stress. Moving, new conditions, separation with the owner - all this can cause a sharp loss of wool and the appearance of dandruff. It takes pretty quickly, it is worth a dog to get used to change.
Because of what permanent molt increases? Pathological causes and methods of solution.
The wool began to fall out too intensely (not during the seasonal exacerbation), it is dim, brittle, on the skin is abundant dandruff, the dog itches, the skin bluses, the places of baldness appear. Each of these symptoms signals you: review the diet, remove the pet to the veterinarian.
Veterinarians highlight two types of causes of wool problems: Hormonal и Non-immune . The first reason is caused by a disadvantage or an excess of any hormones in the body. For diagnostics, the doctor will prescribe certain tests for hormones, and in accordance with the result, the treatment will write. Wool loss due to hormone failures - an infrequent cause.
1. Incorrect meals. One of the most frequent reasons. With a shortage of certain vitamins, trace elements, amino acids and fatty acids, the pathology of wool and skin are developing.
Choose food. The best composition for improving wool is fish feed. They are perfectly absorbed by the body, do not cause allergies. Fish contains a large number of proteins, calcium, natural oils. If your dog is dull, breaking wool, take such a diet. After 2-3 weeks of nutrition, fish food in the eyes becomes brilliant, silky, strong. The loss of wool decreases. The main ingredient of good fish feed will be salmon, herring.
- The insufficiency of zinc in the body affects the skin and wool. Some breeds (Siberian husky, Alaskan Malamute) are predisposed to dermatosis caused by a lack of zinc.
- If there is not enough high-quality proteins in the diet, protein and amino acid deficit develops. Hair becomes brittle, easily fall out. This problem occurs in dogs that feed the unbalanced food, in which there are a lot of cereals, few meat ingredients.
As part of the diet, which you give a dog, no less than 30% should occupy meat, meat offal. The number of cereals reduce or eliminate completely. With constant admission to the organism of proteins of plant origin (and not an animal, as needed), problems with wool begin.
- With a lack of vitamins B6, B12, biotin wool coarse, dim, the skin is peeling.
- A small number of unsaturated fatty acids leads to flakes of peeling skin, breaking the dim wool. This happens if there are few fats and vegetable oils in the diet.
Choosing vitamins for wool in the store, examine the composition. They must necessarily contain vitamins of group B, fatty acids, amino acids, zinc.
2. Parasites - fleas, ticks, moisture, helminty. You can catch them anywhere, but the launched disease leads to unpleasant consequences. The veterinarian will check your animal for the presence of parasites, if necessary, will make scurzes from the skin, prescribes treatment.
3. Allergies. Various allergic reactions can lead to skin toide, hair loss. Special analyzes will help identify allergen in nutrition, monitoring the diet.
4. Diseases. There are many diseases that affect the state of wool and skin. Viral, bacterial, diseases of internal organs - all this can only determine the veterinarian.
With a constant, but not strong molting, it happens to change the composition of the food to fish, feed the course of vitamins and regularly (once a week or more often) combing the dog.
Titova Catherine (Doggi-Center Instructor)
When the dog falls wool, few of the owners bothers it, because molting is a natural process. But there are situations where the pet is not just starting to change the hair cover, and the wool drops with lumps, and this process does not stop. Blicking can be stopped if you understand why this happens.
Alopecia - what it is
Alopecia is called wool loss. Replacing old hairs new ones is a natural process that has a seasonal predisposition. But if the wool begins to climb, regardless of the time of year, we are talking about alopecia.
Is there a connection between the age of the dog and the appearance of alopecia
The links between the age of the PSA and the probability of the appearance of the alopecia is actually no. Factors that lead to loss of wool, set. As a rule, they are associated with the presence of a variety of diseases. Pathological processes can occur both in young individuals and old pets.
Additional Information. Wool is a natural protective barrier that protects the animal from the cold, heat, ultraviolet rays. Therefore, it is so important to correctly care for it and at the first signs of alopecia take action.
Possible causes of wool loss in dogs
Provoking factors of why the dog falls from the dog, the set. And to cope with the problem, it is necessary to understand what led to its occurrence.
If problems with the hormonal system are blamed in loss of wool, the alopecia occurs gradually and evenly, and the propellas are symmetrical, in the form of circles.
Hypothyroidism is called malfunction in the functioning of the sebaceous glands and the thyroid gland. Symptoms of a disease that should not be ignored:
- Invertible loss of wool;
- Slow pulse;
- emergence on the skin of pigmentation;
- Dusty and faded wool, which gradually begins to darken.
There are rocks that have a predisposition to this disease, and can too much. This is a dachshund, Retriever, Setter, Cocker Spaniel, Doberman.
Note! More often, hypothyroidism occurs in elderly dogs and in animals with obesity.
This disease is rare, it is connected with insufficient production of growth hormone. Signs:
- Balsians appear on the stomach and on the back;
- At the age of 3-4 months, the growth of the dog stops;
- Skin is thin, shifted;
- there is dandruff;
- Dermatitis often arise.
In excessive amounts, estrogen hormone is produced in excessive amounts. And although this is a hormone female, the disease with the same frequency arises like in bitch and males. Clinical manifestations:
- Samtsov - the edema of the testicles;
- females - swelling of nipples;
- rudeness and rigidity of the skin;
- Outbupping sulfur.
Additional Information. Disease is not subject to drug treatment, only surgery helps, during which the reproductive system authorities are removed.
The lack of estrogen is a disease that occurs in middle-aged females. It manifests itself in Lysins in the groin area and in a soft, very thin skin. Treatment is to take estrogen to increase the level of hormone.
Causes of non-immortal character
There are a number of cases when the dog begins to lose wool and without deviations in the hormonal system.
If the diet of the pet is unbalanced and incorrect, the animal is experiencing a lack of vitamins, especially B2, B6, B12 and A. Signs of Avitaminosis:
- The dog climbs wool on the face, in the neck area, on the paws;
- The skin becomes thin, its condition is significantly worse;
- The dog is non-stop itching;
- The body temperature decreases;
- The mucous membranes are brighten.
In addition to receiving vitamin and mineral complexes, the dog needs to normalize nutrition.
Allergic reactions in dogs are manifested in most cases as follows:
- On the skin at the pet appears rash;
- Increases tearing;
- Due to itching, numerous wounds appear on the skin;
- There are deviations in the operation of the gastrointestinal tract.
Additional Information. The pet prescribe antihistamines, and skin cover must be treated with antiseptic solutions to prevent the infection in the wounds.
Infections and parasites
According to the state of the wool, you can diagnose the presence of parasites in the pet. Hair cover becomes faded, brittle and eventually begins to fall on separate parts of the body. Signs of the presence of parasites:
- fatigue and drowsiness;
- Pet squints wool on the hips and in the area of the tail;
- formation on the skin of peptic formations;
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
Selling an animal may be against the background of such infectious diseases as:
- abscesses under the skin;
In addition to hair loss, the condition of the skin is changed to the worse. It begins to peel, it becomes a touch hard and rough, like sandpaper. The skin appears a large amount of papules and uphonic formations.
Additional Information. Against the background of infectious diseases, wool loss is localized.
How to understand what led to the baldness of the dog
The best way to determine what has led to the loss of wool in a pet - show it to the veterinarian and spend thorough diagnosis. Try to find out what kind of factor provokes alopecia, it is possible on what kind of place there is no hair cover. It is also important to understand whether there are accompanying symptoms. Basic signs:
- Peeling, the appearance of white flakes in the skin - Seborrhea, which arises against the background of avitaminosis, transferred stress, poor-quality food.
- Wool lines on the backs on the back - if this process is temporary, most likely it is a seasonal molting that happens at the end of summer. If the molting began suddenly, after the introduction of a new product in the diet or after bathing by another shampoo, it may be an allergic reaction.
- Wool fell in the eye area - in most cases, this symptom indicates an allergic reaction to food or eye disease.
- Symmetric loss of hairs on the chest is a hormonal failure.
If the dog has a wool climbs, what to do is best to apply for consultation to the vet, which will put an accurate diagnosis and prescribe appropriate treatment.
What to do if the dog has a lot of wool
If the dog began to lie, it is necessary to detect the cause of this state, and not try to bring its appearance in order to the order of its appearance in various ways.
What do veterinarians say about this
In addition to the correct care of the pet, the veterinarians insist on vaccination from deprivation and demodecosis, although these vaccines are not mandatory. They are made from the age of a puppy. Fungal diseases and deprive, because of which wool loss takes place, to cure almost impossible in animals. A dog is assigned a diet and supporting therapy with pills - to comply with these measures need constantly, throughout the life of the animal.
Note! It is important not to forget about the need for a prophylactic inspection of a veterinarian at least once a year to make sure there are no hormonal failures and other health problems.
Correct wool care
Not always bad condition of the wool is caused by the presence of animal diseases. Often the owners themselves are to blame in the inesthetical appearance of the pet, since they do not pay for due attention. Care for dog wool consists of the following aspects:
- Regular cleaning of the wool and bathing of the dog. The frequency of procedures depends on the length of the hairproof. Representatives of long-haired breeds bathe no more than 1 time per month.
- Bathing. It is carried out only in warm water.
- Prohibit the use of air conditioners and shampoos intended for people. They have an inapproprible pH level, which will hardly dry the skin.
- Combing. It is carried out several times a week, and during molting - every day.
- Preventive treatment of wool from parasites. For this use specialized drops.
Dogs, which are contained on the street in aviaries and on the chains, in the winter it is forbidden to bathe. Their wool wipes fresh, clean snow.
Important! It is impossible to abuse the frequency of swimming. Excessive water procedures can lead to a flushing of a protective oily layer on the skin. Because of this, the wool is cut, it becomes fine, prone to falling out. Representatives of decorative rocks (terriers, spitzes, chihuahua), which are little on the street, bathe 1 time in a few months.
Prevention of bald dogs
The best prevention of alopecia in the pet is to maintain its good health, which includes the following measures:
- The correct diet is the dog menu should be high-quality, diverse and balanced. Products should be enriched with all necessary vitamin and mineral elements. If the animal is on natural nutrition, it needs to additionally give minerals.
- Mandatory prophylactic vaccination, which is carried out taking into account the vaccination calendar.
- Use for hygienic care for wool only special soft tools, as part of which there are no flavors, fragrances, parabens.
- Restriction of pet contacts with homeless animals, from which it can be infected with parasites.
- Preventive reception of medicines from internal and external parasites.
At home, it is almost impossible to quickly carry out the treatment of wool loss in dogs. Even if the gloves, one drug intake, are not enough for the provoking factor of alopecia. There will have to take comprehensive measures to restore the normal functioning of the organism and the state of the hairproof. Many other diseases require long-term treatment, sometimes lifetime reception of medicines.
Any disease that leads to alopecia has a number of symptoms, at the first manifestations of which you need to immediately show the pet veterinarian.
How to understand that pet needs to show veterinarian
Wool loss in dogs can be the norm only during the molting period, when the old hair is replaced by a new one. The molting occurs in the spring and autumn, the process lasts from a few weeks to the pair of months.
Note! If the wool fallout began suddenly and does not stop long, the dog has other symptoms indicating the deterioration of the condition, it must be immediately shown to the veterinarian.
Alopecia in the dog is a sign of health problems. What kind of disease led to loss of wool, can only determine the vet after the diagnosis. Until the provoking factor is revealed, it is impossible to engage in self-medication. The best thing to do for your pet is the owner - as soon as possible to take it into a veterinary clinic.Wool loss in dogs
(or alopecia) is a natural natural process, if it comes to a seasonal migrant. But what if the fur coat is fighters, regardless of the time of year? In some cases, the wool loss is a symptom of the disease. We find out the reasons for which the hair cover of animals acquires a non-primable appearance.
Very often, animals reflux wool due to violations of the hormonal plan. As a rule, with such agence, hairless sections are symmetrical, and not all body cover, but only some of its areas. The main hormonal diseases, due to which the dog's wool is very climbing:
- Hypothyroidism - Pathology of the thyroid gland. She is subject to individuals with overweight and elderly dogs. Among the dogs, patients with hypothyroidism, are most often found for dachshunds, cocker spaniels, retrievers, Dobermans, Irish Setters, Erdelterier. The signs of hypothyroidism include both hair loss and a significant deterioration in all wool on the body, and skin hyperpigmentation, and the slowdown of the pulse. Treat such a problem with synthetic hormones for the treatment of thyroid disease (for example, Levothyroxin tablets);
- Hypophizar dwarf (Lack of growth hormone) is a rare disease that is traditional for German shepherd. With such a river, the dog falls the coat no back and stomach. In addition, with a shortage of hormone hormone, the dog's growth cease to grow to 3-4 months, they have problems with increasing teeth, have thinned skin (often damaged dermatitis), dandruff. Treatment involves the introduction of hormonal drugs;
- Cushing syndrome (The overaffect of cortisol hormone responsible for the confrontation of the body with stressful effects) - with a similar disorder, the dog can fall out in any part of the body. In addition, with Cushing syndrome, animals are experiencing severe thirst, often piss, behave inadequately. The skin has an inflamed look, cracks. Animals with such a hormonal failure are not much eaten, actively lose weight, but their stomach looks bloated. Most often, such a notch is found in dogs dachshund breeds and boxer. For treatment requires drugs aimed at suppressing cortisol production (for example, "Veryor" capsules);
- Hyper estroinism (Estrogen's overabundance) - illegal, which is found both at the bitch and dogs. At the same time, animals beyond the loss of wool on the sides and on the stomach there are also such symptoms of hyper-ethrogenism: the swelling of the vulva and nipples in females, the tumor of the testicles (in males), flaking of the skin, an increase in sulfur production. The treatment of the ailment is solved by operally by removing the reproduction authorities (ovaries or seeds depending on the floor);
- Hypooestrogenism (Insufficient generation of estrogen) - It is common, as a rule, at the SUK of middle-aged having problems of the gynecological plan. In hypoestrogenism, hair falls in the groin area (or only near the vulva), the skin becomes thin and soft. The disease is treated with the introduction of hormone estrogen.
When hormones have nothing
It is very climbing wool from a dog often and for reasons that are not connected with hormonal disorders. Let's try to consider the main reasons for the loss of hair cover in dogs:
- Stress - Pesiki is often experiencing emotional bursts caused by the most various reasons (for example, moving, changing or the death of the owner, the appearance in the house of a new pet, etc.). With stress, the dog is not only bald, but also looks apathetic or, opposite, overrequited, it appears non-characteristic habits (attempts to eat inedible, often, urination cases or defecation in the wrong places, aggression). Also in stress a dog eaten little, refuse games. As anti-stress therapy, sedatives and reasonable loads are used;
- Allergy (food and non-food character) - reaction to cosmetic products, dust, food - some of the reasons why the dog falls with shreds, rash appears on the skin and itching the body. With allergies, the dogs often have problems with a chair, they have tearing, on the skin from constant combs there are wounds. Treat allergies in animals with the introduction of antihistamines, glucocorticosteroids, antibiotics (with annexation of infection), anti-inflammatory and wound-healing ointments, but only after identifying the cause of allergy;
- Parasitic diseases - If the animal's body is affected by outer or internal bloodsuckers, then the state of the wool is noticeably deteriorating. At best, the fur coat simply looks dim, fell. At worst - radiates. The appearance of an animal who has parasites, has an unfavorable look: Exhaust, the dog squises his wool on the hips, in the area near the tail, the whole skin is covered with small ulcers from bites. With melted invasions, dogs often have problems with intestines and stomach (diarrhea, constipation, vomiting), worms may contain in feces and vomiting masses. Flea, ticks and other bloodsuckers cause dogs an unrestrained desire to scratch, from this the whole body is covered with rays (from claws and teeth). Etoparasites also affect the tranquility of the dog, breaking the dream, selecting the desire to play. The treatment of parasitic invasions is directed, first of all, to the elimination of "unreadable guests" - fleas and helminths (or other);
- Fungal lesions - These diseases include tricochy, microsporement, ringing deprived. With these ailments, the skin is inflamed and peeling, purulent wounds appear, the hairs are becoming thin and brittle, and sometimes climb waggery. Puppies under 1 year old are especially persecuted. Treat fungal infections by the introduction of antibacterial and symptomatic preparations, as well as vaccines against pathogens of these diseases;
- Bacterial skin infections - Among such ailments, dogs are found in dogs, dermatitis, subcutaneous abscesses. With such diseases, the skin becomes rude, blushing, Papulas, Jews are visible on it, and the dog falls in places. Therapy implies an introduction to an animal of antibiotics and symptomatic means;
- Avitaminosis - And especially the lack of vitamins A, B2, B6, B12. With a lack of such organic compounds, dogs can appear on the neck, fruit, limbs, the condition of the skin deteriorates, itching appears, the mucous membranes appear, the body temperature is often reduced. Avitaminosis is treated with a specially selected diet, the introduction of vitamin preparations (for example, POLIDEXMULTIVITUM tablets, PervinalExel or special vitamins for dogs from wool loss and against other adverse manifestations of Avitaminosis "8 in 1 Nutricoanscin & Coat", "CaninaBiotInforte" or Ave.);
- Adenit sebaceous glands - Skin inflammation, occurring more often in puppies and young peels. With such problems, the dog falls wool in places (usually in the ear region, on the head and back), the condition of the skin is worse (greasy flight, peeling). Divided wool looks like a swashing, fat. Treat adenit use of corticosteroids, antiseptic shampoos, vitamin preparations;
- Black acantosis - Skin disease caused by a violation of the sebaceous glands at which the skin hyperpigmentation in groin and armpits are observed. The dermis itself, with this disease, often looks bad, coarse, animals are tormented from a strong toide. On the affected areas, wool usually falls. Treatment involves the introduction of hormonal, anti-inflammatory, antihistamine drugs and vitamins;
- Ideopathic baldness of Greyhaound - Cosmetic defect that affects the young specified breed. The wool falls only on the hips, and in rare cases in the abdomen area. The skin does not suffer at the wrong occasion. Treatment is aimed at slowing the loss of hair.
What to do if the dog has a lot of wool
So, given: the dog itches and falls wool. How to be in such a situation the owner? Unfortunately, many owners instead of a campaign to branch prefer to go to the vestipec to buy a bunch of shampoos that improve the condition of wool, balms, vitamins. There is nothing surprising that from independent therapy not only the state of the wool, but will also progress the disease that caused an alopecia.
If an animal climbs her hair with flocks, it is important to visit a specialist who will not only examine the dog, but also takes skin scaffolding, urine and blood tests, will hold hormonal research if necessary. Timely medical identification of the reasons why there are problems with wool in dogs, allows you to start correct and effective treatment. At home, find the necessary tools, unfortunately, will not succeed.
Linka is a natural process that is not going anywhere (does not apply to the owners of bare breeds of dogs). But sometimes wool falls so much that it can not fail. What to do, if the dog itches and wool climbs with shreds or falls in winter, the hair becomes rare and dull, they appear and in other cases. Possible causes, treatment.
If the dog has a lot of wool falls, it is a reason for anxiety
Physiological molting of dogs: when to start panicing?
Dogs with different types of wool, linen in different ways.
- The holders of thick double wool cover are very abundant: German Shepherd, Senbernar, Husky, Bernese Zennenhund, others.
- The average degree of molt is characteristic of short-haired dogs: Chihua, Bulldog, dachshund, others.
- A slight molting or its complete absence - for bare dogs or those who have a growing constantly, demanding a regular haircut: Yorkshire terrier, Maltese Bologna, Naked Mexican, American naked terrier, others.
Seasonal (physiological molting) There is due to the normal mosaic replacement of the hair. It is mainly regulated by photoperiod (the duration of the daylight), to a lesser extent ambient temperature. That is why dogs that are contained in apartments, seasonality is weakly expressed, molting stretches and can be practically year-round. Street dogs take place twice a year: in the fall and spring. In front of the cold, thick undercoats are spilled, and with the onset of heat, the dog from it is rapidly getting rid of the linen by blocks.
Puppy link It starts from about 3 months and ends to 15 months. During this period, there is a change of young soft wool on an adult, more coarse. Link's puppy is better noticeable in long-haired dogs.
Wear and nursing dogs The active molting passes 1.5-2 months after childbirth. Not so much due to lack of nutrients and vitamins, how much because of the hormonal restructuring of the body. It is practically impossible to influence this process. Almost all breeds are subject to this, both long-haired and short-haired.
With a normal physiological line, the pet state is estimated as good, there are no changes in behavior or appearance: hair salinity, dandruff, damage or redness of the skin, bald sections, diffuse alopecia, the dog does not bope.
Seasonal molting is stronger in spring when winter undercoat comes
Pathological causes of wool
Hair loss that should not occur normally. Cases of diffuse (all over the body) and focal falling, require close attention, consultation and, almost always, help the veterinarian.
The causes of the pathological molt can be divided into two groups:
In other words, these are diseases caused by malicious microorganisms (fungi, bacteria, viruses, external and internal parasites), which are transmitted from one animal to another contact method, as well as through leases, less often food.
Fungus (micaosis) - caused by a group of pathogenic fungi. This is usually tripods and microsporest known as "deprive". Transmitted to man. More often meets Malazavia, she loves wet places: ears, armpit depressions, sweet lips. The external manifestation of fungal infection can be different, from small lisens to the defeat of significant parts of the body with dandruff and wounds or without. Localization on the nose, other heads of the head, by body, on the legs. The fungus is usually developing against the background of reduced immunity. With a high risk of infection, veterinarians recommend making a dog vaccine from mycoses. For treatment, antifungal ointments and sprays, serums, immunostimulants, vitaminotherapy are used.
Salce on the nose of a dog caused by fungal infection
Pincers - Some types of ticks live in the skin and subcutaneous tissue, causing severe itching, dermatitis and wool loss (often by shreds) in their habitats. Sarkoptosis (scabies), demodecosis and detectosis (ear tick) occurs in dogs more often. Transmitted contact path. Prevention lies in proper care of wool, using antiparasitic drugs and maintain health. It is treated with the use of acaricidal agents in the form, ointments, shampoos, sprays, less often, symptomatic treatment is carried out, the course of immunostimulants and vitamins is appropriate.
Demodecosis in dog
Fleas, lice, moisture - fleas and lice feed on blood. Often cause the so-called flea dermatitis, which is accompanied by itching, rays from combs and wool falling as a result of mechanical damage. There is still some time after getting rid of parasites. Vlasedy, unlike bloodsowing, feed on particles of wool and skin, from which they appear properly and dandruff. Insecticides (ointments, sprays, shampoos), anti-lobs are prescribed for treatment.
The dog itches and whines parasites
Indictant diseases of dogs that cause excessive wool loss, focal or diffuse baldness.
Black acantosis - It is manifested by the thickening of the skin mainly in the folds. It is often developing against the background of diabetes, hypothyroidism, obesity, malignant neoplasms, allergic dermatitis or interdress (inflammation of folds due to friction). A significant role in the development is played by secondary bacterial and yeast infection. The predisposition is noted at the tax.
Black acanthosis in German shepherd
Adenit sebaceous glands - Destructive inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands. More often is registered with young dog breeds Poodle, Hungarian outlined, Chinese Crested, Samoyed. Probably inheritated. In short-haired rocks, an island alopecia is observed, and long-haired diffuse (can spread over time to the whole body).
Allergies and atopic dermatitis. Allergies - reaction to certain internal or external stimuli, which are called allergens. The immune system of the allergy dog reacts over or inadequately. It often manifests itself on the skin redness, itching, wool falling.
Atopic dermatitis is a chronic inflammatory disease that begins at a young age and continues in a ripe with periodic relapses. In fact, it is an allergy to an indefinite substance that can be pollen, dust, smoke, detergent, and so on. It is difficult to establish and exclude from life. The disease belongs to hereditary. It is often found along with food and other contact allergies from such breeds: boxer, Cocker Spaniel, Dalmatian, Bulldog, Fox Terrier, Labrador, Golden Retriever, Black Schnauzer, Pug, Terriers.
Manifestation of atopic dermatitis on the abdomen of Dalmatian
Dog baldness with weakened color - Hereditary diseases of dogs of weakened colors (blue, yellowish-brown). At birth, the puppies look normal, but between 6 months. And 2 years, the wool begins to fall on the bottom of the body up to the full loss. It is often observed in Taks, Chow Chow, silky terriers, pinchs, yorkshire terriers, dogs, Whippetov, Newfoundland, Bernese Zennenhundov, Shelti, Chihuahua, poodles.
In this case, the loss of wool will appear gradually, capturing all the large areas. Complete usually symmetrical, relative to the spine. Are there more often on the neck, back, sides.
Hypothyerio - Disruption of the thyroid gland. The baldness is caused by a lack of thyroid hormones needed to start hair growth. Hereditary predisposition to hypothyroidism is celebrated by the English setter, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Hovavart, English Shepherd, Boxer, Doberman, Beagle, Cocker Spaniel, Foxcrief.
Hypophizar dwarf - The disease is rare, more often in miniature rocks and German shepherds. The growth of puppies stops for about 3-4 months of life. Wool begins to fall on his back and stomach.
Cushing syndrome - Disease of adrenal glands, which is characterized by an increase in the level of cortisol in the blood or hormones related to it. Wool is very much falling throughout the body, constant thirst, frequent urination, inadequate behavior appears. The most susceptible to the disease of the taxes, boxers.
Hyper- and hypoastroenism - An excess or shortage of estrogen in the body can occur in dogs of both sexes, but more often in middle-aged females with gynecological problems. Among other things, it is manifested by a strengthened linky and loss of wool in the area of the groin.
Treatment is complex, includes hormonal and symptomatic therapy, often lifelong. Appointed exclusively veterinarian.
Wool loss due to hypothyroidism
Bacterial skin infections
There are often and everywhere. Usually arise as a secondary problem even with noncommunicable skin diseases. A large number of bacteria is on the skin of healthy animals. Under favorable conditions, they begin to actively multiply and become the cause of pyodreamia, furunculose, folliculite, purulent abscesses and many other dermatological problems. Therefore, with various dermatological diseases, veterinarians consider it appropriate to apply the course of antibiotics.
Ogrekhs in feeding are necessarily reflected in the state of the skin and wool pet.
- With a lack of high-quality proteins, hair becomes brittle and easily fall out.
- With a lack of vitamins B6, B12, biotin wool becomes dim, coarse, the skin is peeling.
- The lack of unsaturated fatty acids is the cause of dullness and fragility of the hair.
- The lack of zinc can cause zinc dependent dermatosis to which the Siberian husky, Malamute, is particularly inclined.
Wool - one of the main signs of the health of the dog
Wool loss caused by improper care
Alopecia after haircut. As it is clear from the title, it occurs after the haircut due to insufficient hair growth. The exact mechanism is unknown. It is usually associated with the protracted phase of peace, during which the follicle is not formed and does not grow with hair. It can occur in any breed, but more often registered in dogs with long thick wool and abundant undercoat: Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamut, Chow Chow, Samoyed, Keschund. After the summer grinding, haircuts for puncture, surgical operation, in the treatment of wounds, wool growth is resumed only after 6-12 months, and completely restored the cover in the interval between 18-24 months.
Inappropriate cosmetics. Damage to wool causes not so much the battery frequency, how much to use inappropriate care products: conventional shampoos, dishwashing tools (yes, it happens), economic soap (in tough water forms an unpleasant raid on the wool). The pH of the skin in the dog varies from 5 to 7.5, in humans - 4-5. Properly chosen qualitative means will not cut the skin.
Sun dermatosis. It appears when ultraviolet radiation damages low-moistened or non-compressed areas of skin of short-haired dogs. The skin becomes red, scaly, wool begins to fall out. A secondary infection can be connected. White boxers and bull terriers, Bigli, Dalmatians are most predisposed to solar dermatosis. Profilactivity is to control solar baths, using special protective equipment.
Stress. The impact of stress on the body can not be underestimated. It simultaneously affects all systems and affects appearance. If the dog often nerves, is experiencing an increased load (recovery after illness, pregnancy, lactation, change of feed or content conditions), wool can fade and amplified molting begins. Sometimes the acral dermatitis connects.
Akral dermatitis - Skin manifestation of obsessive-compulsive syndrome. Hair falls on a specific area, due to the distillation. This may precede food allergies, a foreign body, infection, arthritis and other unpleasant sensations.
Why wool falls in winter
Not all breeds of dogs are adapted to harsh winters. If, for example, Malamute or Husky becomes more luxurious, then the wool of thermal-loving rocks during the frost can become scarce and breaking, and some dogs develop allergies to frost. Negatively reflected in the state of cover sharp temperature differences and dry air in the apartment. Sometimes the balds appear due to synthetic protective clothing, which rubs and irritates the skin.
That is why you should not cut long-haired dogs (alopecia after haircut)
There are many probable diseases that are accompanied by hair loss and the clinical picture is often similar, which makes it difficult to diagnose "on the eye".
- The doctor conducts a thorough inspection, collects history;
- Takes scales with skin and checks them under a microscope for the presence of fungi and parasites;
- Appoints a general and biochemical blood test;
- Other studies as needed.
What to do owner
- Care for the dog's hair according to the recommendations for the breed;
- Use good cosmetics;
- Monitor the mode and quality of nutrition;
- During seasonal molting daily combed, especially representatives of artificially derived rocks. Without this simple procedure, they are often clogged by pores, dogs begin to hide sharply than skin irritation provoke.
And most importantly - not to engage in self-medication. At the first alarming symptoms to contact the doctor.
Dog wool is a kind of animal health status indicator. If the hair cover of a pet loses his shine, becomes dim, if the dog climbs her hair, then it is necessary to find out the causes of the specified phenomena.
Care of wool
Regardless of the breed, all the dogs are twice a year exposed to molt. This is a natural process of replacing old hair and seasonal adaptation of wool to changing climatic conditions. To the winter season, the wool becomes more dense and thick, turns the undercoat. Closer to heat, the coating layer becomes more dense, which serves as protection against overheating. This is a normal process.
Pets, in comparison with street breams, are not so subject to temperature drop. They linen almost constantly. Therefore, the main rule of care is combing wool. Combine pets preferably every day. This is especially true of pets of long-haired rocks. The essence of the procedure is that the removal of old hairs is being removed.
Pet shops can be purchased special devices for combing wool.
A set of tools for this procedure includes:
- Comb with metal rounded cloths. With it, the coating and oratory hair is performed.
- Brush-pounding. It is combed with dead underfront.
- Brush for massage. The best option is a brush having a natural bristle.
- For pets having rigid wool, you need to purchase a trimmer - a special knife for extincting wool.
- A mitten of rough thick fabric for cleansing from fat and dust.
If the owners care for the wool of his pet correctly, then the hair will be thick, brilliant and healthy. But it may be that with good care, the dog falls wool. The hosts should not leave this fact without attention and be sure to find out why the dog climbs wool.
The main causes of wool loss
Alopecia at the pet is an alarming factor indicating that he has problems.
Very much climb wool from a dog if:
- they feed themselves incorrectly;
- Any disease or pet begins parasites;
- hormonal failure in the body;
- The owners are bad or incorrectly care for wool;
- leaks allergic reaction;
- The pet experienced a strong stress.
The hair onion can begin destruction if the animal lacks the vitamins of the group B. In this case, the dog falls wool. Even high-quality dry food will not be able to prevent loss of wool in dogs.
Observation of the state of the hair cover of animals will help find out why the dogs falls wool. Thus, increased fatness on the skin and sweating of the wool appears during a shortage of vitamin A, the dog's propellars may appear with a lack of copper.
Surplus of vitamins can harm, so they should give their pets to their courses in accordance with the recommendations of the vet.
The diet must be balanced. Pet should not eat food from a man's table. Check out the power rules, get advice from the veterinarian.
A correctly formed diet with the addition of vitamins and trace elements will prevent wool loss in dogs.
Diseases and parasites
If you notice that the dog falls into the dog of the dog, then, perhaps, your pet has undergone parasite attack. It must be inspected an animal. In the wool they can settle the valveneda, junk or fleas. The presence of them to determine will not be difficult - it is enough to inspect the hips and wool at the base of the tail.
Nothing wrong with that. Pet shop has means to deliver parasites, as well as for the prevention of diseases.
If the dog appeared on the back of the back, and the skin on them is reddish - it is a reason for serious anxiety. The disease is called "ringing deprived", it is dangerous for a person. Therefore, you need to contact the clinic to the veterinarian for treatment.
If the dog's sores and wool falls out, then maybe this is the manifestation of hormonal disorders.
The causes of such violations may be:
- Growth hormone is poorly produced - somatopin. Most often, such a problem happens in dogs during puberty.
- Manifestation of Cushing's syndrome. Alopecia begins due to the oversupply of such a hormone as cortisol. During this period, the pet quickly gains weight and drinks a lot of fluids, and the skin saves and loses elasticity. Another sign of manifestation of this syndrome is a loss of control over urination.
- Excess or lack of estrogen also leads to loss of wool. From this, the sterilized bitch suffer most often.
- Hypothyroidism is the insufficient activity of the hormone of the thyroid gland. They appear in dogs propellets on the paws, back, abdomen, on the neck.
Often the owners can not understand why the dog is bald.
It happens that the answer to the surface is washed with their pets with shampoos and gels that are not intended for them. It is for this reason that the dog is dandruff and wool falls.
No need to bathe a pet weekly. For long-haired rocks, the optimal option is a monthly washing, and the rest of the breeds are not a cup than once every six months.
Allergic reaction may occur:
- on incorrectly chosen food.
- on the use of antibiotics;
- On the use of hormonal contraceptive means.
If you have noticed that the dog falls around the eye, shreds hang and sides, then, most likely, this is an allergic reaction. The dandruff appeared in the back of the back - can also be one of the manifestations of allergies. With suspected manifestation of allergies, it is necessary to visit the veterinarian.
Stress, separation with owners
The reason for the loss of wool in the animal can be experienced stress. For example, moving to a new apartment, parting with the owners for a long period. Such factors have a psychological nature. Test dog stress and after operations, and with long-term drug treatment.
Dogs can be frightened due to noise, loud sounds or aggression from other animals.
The owners noticed that the dog falls wool, what to do - such a question in a panic asks himself every animal owner.
In this case, it follows:
- Contact immediately to the vet.
- There is no universal recipe. The doctor will examine the pet, prescribe, if necessary, analyzes and collapse treatment.
- In hormonal disorders, hormone therapy is prescribed, when the parasites detects, drops are discharged, and with a weakened immune system - drugs for increasing immunity.
When avitaminosis, a veterinarian will pick up vitamins for dogs from wool loss.
I don't need to get involved in self-medication, otherwise there is a chance to leave your dog at all without wool.
It is always easier to warn anything.
It is necessary to follow certain rules:
- It is necessary to carry out dry cleaning wool regularly with special mittens, or a suede cloth;
- Reception of antickel preparations for prevention;
- put the vaccinations in a timely manner;
- Take care of properly balanced nutrition.
Proper care and proper nutritional organization will allow for a long time to preserve the wool pet thick and shiny.
Look in the video, how to properly care for the wool of a pet.